• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lion on the lam in western Quebec after it escapes from owner's home - CP

Previous owner wants Boomer back!

Article Link

An Ontario man is demanding that a lion cub recaptured near Maniwaki, Que., early Thursday morning after an intensive police search be returned to him.

Dennis Day, who runs an exotic animal business about 100 kilometres west of Ottawa, told CBC News Thursday that Boomer the lion was raised in his home and still belongs to him.

More on link.

As much as I detest the state telling me what I can and cannot possess if the owner sincerely cared about Boomer's wellbeing he would recognize that placement in the zoo is probably in Boomer's best long-term interest

All I can say is why would anyone want a PET lion? :eek:

I love animals but understand that I have no background in wild animal care and the food bill alone would near bankrupt me. Lions and other wild animals belong ideally in the wild. The next best alternative is a wildlife reserve or a proper well run zoo.

That being said owning one would be fun, try explaining the BEWARE OF CAT sign on your property. ;D

Sometimes I have to give my head a shake . A Lion should not belong to any individual they are a wild animal . I know that in the article link it was stated that the actual owner stated he had raised him sense he was a cub  but I am sure that an adult Lion would more than likely  still have at least some of the same behaviour that a wild one would have .   I just hope for the Lions sake that it will be handed over to a proper zoo for Lions on own well being .

Consider that when you are talking about Lions, you are just as much talking about Chimpanzies & Gorillas.
As babies, they are all cute and cuddly and fairly easy to deal with BUT, let them mature and what do you get.....
Lion,  400-450 Lbs
Gorilla 300-500 Lbs
Chimp  75-150 Lbs
Where does a 500 Lb gorilla sleep - Anywhere he wants
What does a 450 Lb Lion eat.... Anything it wants
How do you say no to a 150 Lb Chimp - you don't - the ape has something like 4 times the upper body strength of humans

The lion will do just fine in a ZOO or animal preserve - he certainly does not belong in a house - regardless of how tame he might appear to be.

geo said:
The lion will do just fine in a ZOO or animal preserve - he certainly does not belong in a house - regardless of how tame he might appear to be.

No such thing as a "tame" lion.  But I digress, the animal should be in a place (zoo, reserve) with the proper care.

I was hoping that it would go wild in a Liberal conventions and they would all be dying under it's claws while screaming out for someone to shoot it, oh the irony of such an event...

Back