• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

live from st. jean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot camp sounds a lot like what third  world mothers have to contend with:  lack of sleep (feeding babies every 2-4 hours round the clock); manual labor (hauling water for miles,  working in the fields 18 hrs a day);  insults and put downs (from the men); sleeping in the fields, bad or not enough food, breaking your spirit (rape, incest and  child marriages) and the occasional beating.  Only for them, it is their life, not 10 or 15 weeks. Just a thought.

2332Piper said:
Oh, and about the new CO being 'big on PT' (I better watch what I say...), well, I'll say that on the Commandant's PT day I almost fell asleep on the short jog that we all did.

So all you new guys/gals, nothing to worry about. Just do it.  
lol... man.. are you sure it wasn't a brisk walk rather than a light jog?  and oooo let's stop and do JUMPING JACKS......lol

Anyone have anything substantial to add? I think this one has run its course    :boring:

Just I sure hope that he didn't go Army as he will have to run 10 km.  On a nother day he will have to do a 13 km rucksack march, do the fireman carry, dig a ditch and do the friemens carry and than dig another ditch all that day with no breaks.  Really BMQ is pretty easy compared to SQ and there are still harder things that can be done in the military.

Oh and the SQ drop out rate in my DH SQ was over 50%.  My DH SGT. said that that is part of the reason that they are combining the BMQ and SQ.  People get done the BMQ and sit on PAT for weeks to months and get lazy and than they can't pass SQ as it is more physically demanding than BMQ.  Word of wise to those that have to wait to do SQ dont get lazy.  You will pay for it later.

It had a course to run? It was really pointless from the beginning

Funny, you seem to have been a major contributor to this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back