• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Living at the RMC

rifle_team_captain_13 said:
OMG!!! They havn't called me yet. What time of the day did they call you guys?
I'm too scared to call them myself.   :crybaby: I'm going crazy man! I'M FREAKIN' OUT!!!

I got my call at about 1630 yesterday

planes

I got accepted!!! I was offered signals with engineering degree. I'm so stoked!!

HOLY GOD!!!!!!!!!! I MADE IT!!!!!
I just got called rite now by the recruiting office!!!
Armoured officer and SCI/ENG, both what i wanted!!!
Doing prep year at St. Jean, this means i get to do my para wings with cadets too!!!!!
I'm off the roof man!!!

HOLY GOD!!!!!!!!!! I MADE IT!!!!!
I just got called rite now by the recruiting office!!!
Armoured officer and SCI/ENG, both what i wanted!!!
Doing prep year at St. Jean, this means i get to do my para wings with cadets too!!!!!
I'm off the roof man!!!

Congrats...keep up your enthusiasm! :cdn:

Thank you all so much!!!
Hey, all of us going to RMC, lets get to know each other.
My name is Alan Li from Toronto. I heard about RMC from army cadets. I have been in cadets for 2 and a half years. I am planing to play hockey varsity for my sport at RMC. What about u guys?

Congrats Alan, Glad you made it, you sure have wanted it enough ;). If you could fill me with some info on the prep year program that would be great.

What about u guys?

Stephen Paish, Northern Alberta, Level 4 Air cadet, NSCE Army cadet, i hope to play rugby as i hear its coming back!

James Lampkin, south eastern Ontario, CELE (air).....did air cadets for 6 years, hardcore soccer

2332Piper said:
I'm on the waiting list to be a Log officer, which in my world means a 'no' (lets be honest, if you go to all the trouble to apply to RMC, then you'll probably accept if they offer you a spot).

I'm not holding my breath to 'wait out just in case'.

You would be surprised as to how many fools do turn it down after going through all the processing.  Good luck.

No Infantry?  Where are all the snake-eaters?

Justin Yoo, Delta BC, 5 years in air cadets but i quit last year,i'm thinking about playing rugby but i'm pretty sure i'd be a midget running around on the pitch.

This is awesome guys, i can't wait to see ya there.
I'm on the waiting list to be a Log officer, which in my world means a 'no'
Is it possible that you go for an MOC change? There's probably been threads about this. I am still contemplating an MOC change from tanker to infantry, but only if i can get my Jump wings through cadets. Even then, i'll most likely stick with the zipperheads.

Justin Yoo, Delta BC,
Alright, fellow asian! ;D

kincanucks said:
You would be surprised as to how many fools do turn it down after going through all the processing.   Good luck.

Thats good to know, there may be hope for me yet!

Planes

Congratulations for those of you who made it to RMC!!!
I'm going to apply for it this Sept. (in gr. 11 currently), just wondering if you guys have any tips at all for me? Anything would be good.
Also, what was your average? I'm kinda worried about this right now, do you look at all your courses or just your core courses( science, math and english)? Because I have a 85 overall average but my science marks are only 60 to 75 ish, lol, going into Arts for sure.

My husband just graduated not long ago from RMC (last year).  His average in highschool was 97 or 98%

Congrats to all those who got accepted!

beyondsblue said:
Congratulations for those of you who made it to RMC!!!
I'm going to apply for it this Sept. (in gr. 11 currently), just wondering if you guys have any tips at all for me? Anything would be good.
Also, what was your average? I'm kinda worried about this right now, do you look at all your courses or just your core courses( science, math and english)? Because I have a 85 overall average but my science marks are only 60 to 75 ish, lol, going into Arts for sure.

Strike a good balance between all the activities in your life. The really like well-rounded applicants. Be involved in school athletics (at least one or two teams of any sport), school leadership (student council is great, try doing that next year), extra-curricular activities (sports, martial arts etc), volunteering (sustained commitments look better than several one time activities), employment (part-time) and of course, academics. I would strongly suggest getting those science marks up to stay competitive. I got accepted to RMC this year with a 89%-90% grade 12 average. My recruiter looked at core subjects from all 4 years of high school so those are rather important.

I know that finding time for all those things is difficult but if you are able to successfully, then the selection board will reward you for it.

Good luck.

I haven't received a call yet.. Should I be worried? And is it a good idea to call the RC, or do I just wait for their call?

Congrats to those who got accepted to RMC, maybe I'll see you guys around...

At this stage of the game, it would be a good idea to phone the RC.

Back