• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

llegal Asylum Seekers - Goats and news sources (Split topic)

Blackadder1916 said:
With all this talk about goats in hotels one would think that it was a thread about a certain Francophone infantry regiment rather than one about the US presidency.

I did use google (terms - Toronto hotels goats; there are actually some properties near the city where you can interact with goats during your stay) and unless your google is different than mine, all the scant few hits seem to be based on scurrilous repeats of the same unsubstantiated reporting column of a single journalist reporter columnist who apparently has a reputation for being somewhat partisan.

It's discussed here.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ishmaeldaro/sue-ann-levy-toronto-hotel-goat-slaughter-fact-check

I said I was able to identify one of the hotels having issues. I never said anything about goats.

Dimsum said:
Oh great.  I'm sure this won't be an issue - weird how it's the same hotel that apparently "goat sacrifices" were held.  ::)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/police-release-images-of-suspect-in-arson-at-hotel-housing-refugees-1.4860111

Statement from Mayor Tory,

“I can’t imagine how cruel and evil a person has to be to knowingly light a fire inside a hotel while people are sleeping. It is deeply concerning to even contemplate the possibility of this being a hate-motivated, targeted act aimed at innocent refugees,” Mayor John Tory said Friday.

“I know the vast majority of Toronto residents and Canadians wish them absolutely no harm. Every person in Canada has a right to feel safe and should not fear for their safety.”
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/10/12/tensions-high-after-fire-set-at-refugee-hotel.html

END QUOTE

Where's everyone suggesting she could just be mentally ill? Oh right  ;)

Jarnhamar said:
Where's everyone suggesting she could just be mentally ill? Oh right  ;)

Hanging out with everyone suggesting this might be a terrorist attack. 

A split was made so this thread didn't turn into a goatfuck. Let's keep that in mind, shall we?

Roger Scott.

Remius said:
Hanging out with everyone suggesting this might be a terrorist attack.

Exactly.
We should try and get away from the polarizing politics we're falling in to anytime something happens.

Jarnhamar said:
Not if Bell Canada can help it.

Beside sacrificing animals in Canada isn't illegal.

I strongly suggest you review sections 445 and 445.1 of the Criminal Coode, Jarnhamar ...Lest you wish to spend up to five years in a Federal institution.  ;)

Oldgateboatdriver said:
I strongly suggest you review sections 445 and 445.1 of the Criminal Coode, Jarnhamar ...Lest you wish to spend up to five years in a Federal institution.  ;)

;)

Couple interesting stories I recall about the subject of animal sacrifice.

MILTON, Ont. – Police say the skinning of a cow shown on a video circulating online is not being treated as an animal cruelty case but the incident is being probed to ensure food safety regulations were followed.

Halton regional police say the cow appeared to be dead at the time of the events shown in the video, contrary to what many people asserted after viewing it.

https://www.google.iq/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/4416126/cow-slaughter-milton-video/amp/

Ontario farmer charged after allowing religious slaughter on his farm

This week, a rural Ontario livestock farmer in Dunrobin, near Ottawa, has been fined $1,000 +25% victims surcharge ($1250) on six charges following an event that occurred on his farm in 2012.

In October that year Anthony Scissons sold live sheep to three Muslim men, two of whom then killed and skinned the animals in an Islamic ritual on the property before taking the carcasses away.

Three who took part in the slaughter not charged

“I’m glad it’s over. The outcome was a little bit difficult but it’s done,” Scissons told CBC News. “I wouldn’t do it again, I’ll tell you that. I just want to go home and get on with my life.” Scissons claimed discrimination when he was charged and the Muslim men who killed the sheep were not.

http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2015/03/18/ontario-farmer-charged-after-allowing-religious-slaughter-on-his-farm/

Jarnhamar said:
;)

Couple interesting stories I recall about the subject of animal sacrifice.

When I was growing up we used to have Italians come up from Toronto to buy sheep. They would hang the sheep up by it's back legs and then slit the throat to bleed it out and transport it back in their truck once done.

Seems relatively similar to HAJJ rituals which are being discussed. 

Bird_Gunner45 said:
When I was growing up we used to have Italians come up from Toronto to buy sheep. They would hang the sheep up by it's back legs and then slit the throat to bleed it out and transport it back in their truck once done.

Seems relatively similar to HAJJ rituals which are being discussed.

When I was a kid you could still buy live lamb and goats on the byword market in Ottawa.

I don't buy the omg poor animals stuff.

I'm gonna guess for a number of people religious animal sacrifice practices is a convenient way to dump on immigrants/refugees and it's not fair.

It's no worse than when we go hunting (I'd argue hunting is less humane, no offense to hunters). Or, the conditions we raise and harvest animals to eat. I'm no PETA dude but there's some pretty brutal places out there where out grocery store meat comes from.

What would bother me is if our law enforcement or court system were to avoid or ignore charging someone for fear of being called racist or offending piticular groups. 

Jarnhamar said:
What would bother me is if our law enforcement or court system were to avoid or ignore charging someone for fear of being called racist or offending piticular groups.

I expect Metro Police are more concerned with catching the arsonist(s).

Back