• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LogO Question

S

seawolf

Hey,

Just passed my CFAT this morning. Have interview and medical scheduled.

A question just dawned on me that I did not ask at the CFRC today.

I am applying DEO Log O and have a B.Comm in Business and Economics and a post grad cert in HR Management.

The HR specialty within LogO - Is that available in Land, Air and Sea? Or is it more geared towards one of the branches? Available only in one?

Thanks,

Mike

HR specialty is a RCAF (airforce) only.  However all LogOs do a great deal of administration that could be considered HR related.

Thanks - Thats what I thought I read here somewhere.

Look's like I will try and get a blue uniform....if accepted as LogO :)

seawolf said:
Thanks - Thats what I thought I read here somewhere.

Look's like I will try and get a blue uniform....if accepted as LogO :)
Just go in with your eyes open.  HR stuff that you learned in school is not what you will really be doing for most of your time as a HR person in the RCAF.  My major was HR and there is no real carry over to the military.

Thanks for the tip.

I'm sure it's a lot different then the stuff I do civi side.

I'm just excited to get past the CFAT and on to the next steps. I'm sure i have a lot to learn, and just act as a sponge as much as possible.

MJP said:
HR specialty is a RCAF (airforce) only.  However all LogOs do a great deal of administration that could be considered HR related.

Although incoming Naval LogOs are expected to train and qualify as Ships LogOs (which encompasses much more than HR), they do get posted to strictly HR billets.

Just started reading Lt-Col John Conrad's "What the Thunder Said" to help me understand the Log branch and the difficulties it had in Afghanistan.

So far it's a good read

seawolf said:
Just started reading Lt-Col John Conrad's "What the Thunder Said" to help me understand the Log branch and the difficulties it had in Afghanistan.

So far it's a good read

Pretty good read I thought.

LCol Conrad pretty much saved the day, logistically, in Afghanistan.  He's a good man!

Regards
G2G

Good2Golf said:
LCol Conrad pretty much saved the day, logistically, in Afghanistan.  He's a good man!
...and for his efforts he was posted to another hellish place to sort out  --  Staff College in Toronto.

I understand the therapy is coming along nicely.  ;D

If there is not BAC in in Business and Economics or  management but another BAC can I have chance to apply for LogO?

The Bachelor degree in business or management (and additionally a few others) are the preferred degrees for logistics. That being said, any degree is considered acceptable to apply with.

ttlbmg said:
The Bachelor degree in business or management (and additionally a few others) are the preferred degrees for logistics. That being said, any degree is considered acceptable to apply with.
Thanks

I might be going on a tangent here, I'm currently in the Arts and Business program at the University of Waterloo, and also working towards to minor in HRM. I'm currently merit listed for LogO through ROTP.

I would like to pursue a Certified Human Resources Professional designation when I'm finished with my degree, and I've read in the requirements that they need 3 years of HR experience at a professional level for the designation. I'm wondering if assigned to an HR billet as a LogO, would the time working there be counted towards the work experience required for a CHRP designation?

Thanks in advance

Cui said:
I might be going on a tangent here, I'm currently in the Arts and Business program at the University of Waterloo, and also working towards to minor in HRM. I'm currently merit listed for LogO through ROTP.

I would like to pursue a Certified Human Resources Professional designation when I'm finished with my degree, and I've read in the requirements that they need 3 years of HR experience at a professional level for the designation. I'm wondering if assigned to an HR billet as a LogO, would the time working there be counted towards the work experience required for a CHRP designation?

Thanks in advance

There are some CHRPs within the CF. Generally, they are in "corporate" HR roles (for example, the current assistant Chief of Military Personnel is a CHRP).  That said, the CF does not control the designation process; I suspect it's up to the individual to demonstrate how their work meets the criteria.

I am a LogO and have my CHRP and have had it for several years (prior to commissioning).  Every three years I must re-certify with my provinical organization and the requirements for the recertification are based on points being awarded for a variety of HR roles, most of which I meet in my present function. I have had no problems recertifying each year with my military function.
Points are also awarded based on volunteer activities with the CHRP and/or your provincial organization, through continuing educational and professional development courses and a variety of other means that fall within the HR scope. Check your provincial association to determine the requirements for recertification as each province could be slightly different.

And it all comes full circle.

Just got my job offer today for Army LogO.

Thanks for answering all my questions.

Mike

Hi everyone ,

As my name says, I am in the infantry. My questions are about the Log officer because my wife is applying in the Forces for that trade. We tried to find some answers on the net but I cannot find the answers.
How long is the course in Borden for the trade ?
How long is the CAP  ? and is it after the QMBO or after the trade course ?
Overall , on average , how long does it take to be qualified and working in the trade ?

Thank you

Back