• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Long live the Queen

bossi

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Remarkable.
The Queen of Canada found time to visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Ottawa. Perhaps it is not just by coincidence the word "gracious" is often heard in relation to HM.
God bless her.

It certainly was a contrast in loyalty, seeing her standing in the rain next to our dictator (Da Liddle Thug from Shawinigan) - we know he could care less about the Canadian military, especially dead soldiers (since they can‘t vote). Papa Doc Crouton‘s departure can not come soon enough.

It‘s a shame Her Majesty couldn‘t stay longer, or visit more often - perhaps if more Canadians saw how true royalty respects soldiers, sailors and airmen, people might start to realise what a disloyal, selfish, egotistical ******* Chretien really is.

Oh, well ... only in Canada, eh? Pity.

God save the Queen.

Hear hear, bossi - great post. I wish every Canadian could visit a mess in a small armoury, or the museum of one of the Regiments, or stop and read the names off of a cenotaph. I was a 3rd generation Senior NCO in my Regiment, and we had a small museum just off of our mess. To feel the honour, to be immersed in the history, to become cognizant of the traditions.....sure, things change but what the last few Governments (and especially this one) have done to us is not only sad, but bordering on criminal. My fear is that even with dramatic shifts in policy, what has been lost will never return. I would offer that if any other group or segment of society had their pride attacked, and their heritage stripped away like our Military has, there would be **** to pay. But alas, the average citizen has nary a clue as to what is happening. "No one loves a soldier, til the enemy is at the gate" :(

Bossi, you never fail to make me chuckle, good one. Poppa Doc, I like it.

BTW, the Edmonton Sun had a very nice pic of Manley(less) standing behind HM with one of his classic sick gopher looks, tongue partially stuck out to add effect, you guys see it in Centralia Universia. Made me almost spit my coffee laughing. :D

For those of you who don‘t know, there is an organization that is promoting our Military by raising awareness amongst Canadian citizens (or trying to). The President is a young lady named Corrie Adolph. They appear to be a fine organization. Canadians for Military Preparedness seems to be tackling a noble project, on our behalf. Check out www.c4mp.org and decide for yourselves. :cdn:

Brownie Points for the CMP. Nice to know some Civvies fell our pain to...

Back