• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Looking for Rifle Sling input

• Thread starter Thread starter CK
  • Start date Start date
Not sure if this will help or not, but during CAP this summer, one of our CQB instructors showed us an easy way to use the issue sling in a more user-friendly manner. it involved threading the sling through the buttstock sling swivel, putting the removable buckle there for adjustment. the other end is tightened and closed off around the delta ring ahead of the upper reciever. this sling method allowed much better flexibility and some 'hands-free' operation, but for no cost.

+1 to Jay's rationale
  especially roping or rappeling for MIL folk

the only think I think is acceptable to sling in that manner is a breaching shotgun -- then use some sort of weapon catch on the vest to secure it.

I've used the RVS system from BlueForce gear (I grew lazy and in my job I 1)shoot people before going hands on 2) can detach the long gun via fastex before cuffing someone and several used the biner method -- but I have stopped that and wont let my gusy use biners either.

In a Mil or LE setting I don't view the carabiner method as viable.

P.S.  I had our unit MAT TECH sew up a bunch of single point slings for guys (FREE)
  Second the CF issue sling can be fitted in a manner that is useful to both the A1 and A2 style weapons

HOWEVER the CF sling (unlike the BFG one) melts and creates some horrible wounds on troops (like the CF combats...)

I've tried a whole bunch of different slings and still prefer the 2 point bungee inside webbing trick.  It keeps wpn tight to your body, you can swing it around easily and its easy to bring up to high ready. 

Back