• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lottery

Would you quit the CF if you won the Lottery?

• Yes

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • No

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Maybe, depends on how much I win!

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • I'm not in the CF but that wouldn't stop me from taking the money :)

Votes: 13 21.0%

• Total voters

jzaidi1

Inactive
Reaction score
A current CF Pilot I have been recently communicating with asked me an interesting question - I guess, in part, to judge my commitment to becoming a Pilot.  He asked what I would do if I won a major lottery - quit the CF or stay in.  This, of course, is assuming that I would have joined and become operational as a Pilot at that point. Obviously, my answer was NO Way!!  If I won the Lottery (assuming $5 Mil+) TODAY I'd quit my civvie job and spend 100% of my efforts trying to get into my desired MOC.  Seriously, getting in as a Pilot is a dream I am working on.

How do you folks feel?  If you would quit, what would you end up doing?

J

No offence but......

You want to be a pilot, we get it.....enough already

CDNAviator,

Yeah - I'm bordering on unhealthy obsession.  I'll try and tone it back a few notches but it's hard to do when I go into the office everyday knowing I just wasted another day of my life and someone else out there is workin' my dream job.

J

If I won the lottery, I would buy my parents a house, buy their parents some houses.  Put 2 mil. into a high interest savings account.  I would still go into the CF, get a career, work like everyone else...but then retire at an early age, and with the super cool interest I earned on my 2 mil. I would travel the rest of my life with my significant other.

The End.

Win a couple of Million - would pay off personal debt & those of wife and grown up kids.
Retire?  Ummm.... Why ???

No clue what I would do.
Probably stay in and continue to work, since I would get very bored quickly with nothing to do of any importance.

Well... If the CF would keep me after I disappeared for a year or two; sure... I'd stay in.

I'd probably stay on Class A (once I'm back on class A) and give all my pay to the JRs mess... and use the cash to fix up the mess. 

I pretty much give all my cash to the mess anyway... but at least this way the mess would get something out of it other than an empty bar fridge.

Other than that, I'd travel... a lot. 

$5Mil? I could just buy my own large truck with large tires. What would I need the CF for anymore?

Me, I would stay in, at least for a bit... Finish somethings up. But it would get interesting next time someone came up with a moonbat, idiotic idea (oh, I can afford the charge now if I say what I really think).

Liars...............I'd have to mail back my uniforms.

I used to claim when I was in Gagetown that if I won the lottery, a commissionaire would be found with a puzzled look on his face, standing at the gate holding an ID card and a pair of issue shorts. When questioned he would reply that this bald guy came running down the road, shedding bits of kit as he neared the guardhouse. Finally he handed the commissionaire his ID card and DND underwear as he sprinted through the gate cackling hysterically "Here, I won't need these anymore."

That's easy.  I'd just invest it all in beer, and live off of the empties for the rest of my life.   ;D

Drummy

Stay in long enough to high five the fellas at work, giving them a little something to spend, then off I would go.....  Never to be heard from again (hear that army.ca DS's, just get me a ticket and I am gone)....

If it was some sort of powerball type thing, I guess I could hire fireball as my personal pilot....

Buy a house for my self, one for parents, one for grandma. Build a vault into my house, invest in firearms, ammo, and tactical nylon gear. Build my own range in my backyard, and plink away. Did I mention that I'd invest stocks in the weapons industry, and medicine? The two go hand in hand you know?

Hmmmm......my kids are frequently reminding me to be nice......they get to pick the old age home.... :eek:

I would continue my journey with the Canadian Forces.  Invest the majority of it, pay off my parents house and put in a pool for them and buy them new cars. I would pay off my two best friends student loans and my sister-in-laws and send my brother and her on a nice trip. I don't think I would spend any on myself, maybe a few pairs of shoes.  ;D  I would invest it so that I could enjoy what I do (will be doing) with my job and then have the money to fall back on if I get hurt, or when I retire!!!

Edited to include that I don't believe that money alone can guarantee happiness but doing something I want to do can offer more happiness as well as making sure those close to me are taken care of. I figured people would question my response because I say I wouldn't purchase much for myself but rather those around me.

Not in the Army any longer, still working and I would be gone so fast........

dukkadukka said:
Edited to include that I don't believe that money alone can guarantee happiness but doing something I want to do can offer more happiness as well as making sure those close to me are taken care of. I figured people would question my response because I say I wouldn't purchase much for myself but rather those around me.

Well, I've tried poor and miserable for the past 47 years.  I think I've experienced all it has to offer, and quite frankly am not impressed.  I'm willing to try stinkin' rich and miserable for the next 47...Y'know, just for the sake of comparison.

Kat Stevens said:
Well, I've tried poor and miserable for the past 47 years.  I think I've experienced all it has to offer, and quite frankly am not impressed.  I'm willing to try stinkin' rich and miserable for the next 47...Y'know, just for the sake of comparison.

Hahahaha! agreed, I think my view is slightly askew because I am young.  My parents gave me everything and still do.  If I win the lottery, they win the lottery! I would buy them anything because they worked so hard so I didn't have to. (Up to this point in my life.)

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Liars...............I'd have to mail back my uniforms.

I partially agree. I would just have the army send me a bill for whatever I owed them! 8) (But the address would be somewhere warm and located very close to some fruity drinks with umbrellas and beachfront property)

Back