• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lt. Turner, Cpl. Dinning, Bdr. Mansell, and Cpl. Payne Killed- April/ 21/ 2006

Stay strong.....on behalf of of army.ca, our sincerest condolences.

Terribly sorry to hear of your loss as well as every other family's loss. Stay strong and my sincere condolences. :cdn:
UBIQUE!!!

Cdpayne, although your son will always be a part of the family of the Canadian Forces, You as well have given to the CF
the greatest sacrifice. :cdn:

My thoughts, prayers and condolances to the families and loved ones of our fallen.

and to our Fallen:

Our Heaven's today have become more blessed with your brave presence. I will remember you.

Veronica

cdpayne said:
Thanks for your condolences on this web site.

My son, Randy Payne, was the fourth victim in the tragedy today.

We didn't publish his name until all of the family was notified.

We thank you very much for your support.

David R. Payne
Mr. Payne
I'm sure I can say with full confidence that everyone on this forum wishes you all the best and we offer our condolences.

Mr. Payne:

I do not know you, Sir, nor did I know your son - my loss.

The presence of the father is most apparent in the actions of his children.  Your son, as a member of that truly remarkable brotherhood known as the Canadian Forces, lived life to the fullest, met challenges beyond the imagination of most citizens, and gave his all for his nation.  Your guiding hand was apparent in his choice of vocations, and his sacrifice is testament to your influence in his life.

My sincerest condolences on your loss, Sir - your son and his three comrades will live in my memory for the rest of my life - although I never met them, we were brothers.

Roy Harding

Mr Payne, I had the honour of spending time working with Randy, Matt and the rest of their crew before I left Afghanistan in March. They are true professionals and warriors in every sense of the word, and I am proud to count them as friends.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Mike

:salute:  RIP boys... thank you for serving, you will not be forgotten ... my heart weeps for the families of these boys, my sincere condolences

Thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those who have fallen.

R.I.P

Heartfelt respect and condolences from our family to the families who have lost a member and to the extended family of the CF who also mourn.  We have shed our tears and will always support you.
Jack and Jacquie Neilson

"HawkEye" said:
I let you know what kind of a man BDR Mansell was.

He taught on my Basic. I'll never forget him as my 2IC throwing boots across the room, flipping my bed when it was perfect, and handing out a laugh on the FTX's.

He was not only a soldier.  He was more of a brother.  A part of the family that everyone needs.  His cheery face always brought happiness to even the roughest of times.  He was one of a kind.

He went over to Afghanistan hoping to contribute to the effort and to protect those he holds nearest to him at home.  Nothing would come in the way of the enemy, and his friends and family.  He wouldn't let anything happen to us.

BDR Mansell, 5th Field will never be the same without you brother.  This day will be remembered by all of us. 

UBIQUE!!!

Pte. Hopkins 5th BC Field Regiment Royal Canadian Artillery.

I can only imagine the tremendous loss the 5th BC Field Regiment is feeling right now. All lost today were great men, for so many reasons.
May we never forget their contributions to making peace around the world.
To those getting ready to deploy, or deployed already, just know that us back at home support you all the way.
Take the fight to the enemy!

Dan

RIP, Fellas
The only thing I would like to add is the Flag lowering thing. As my wife said today. If Harper really cared, it would be half staff.  :cdn: :salute:

RIP  :salute:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the fallen.

:cdn: My sincerest condolences to their family and friends. May they rest in peace :salute:

Heart felt condolences to the families. We have a son "over there" serving with 1 PPCLI "A" Coy. We cringe whenever we hear of CDN soldiers getting injured or killed.

As those who have given before them, they will not be forgotten. :salute:

My thoughts and prayers are with the fallen soldiers, their families and friends.

Elisha

Back