• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

M203 operator

One quick question... Can you use time detonated charges in the M2o3, or are they all impact detonated?

Hunter911 said:
One quick question... Can you use time detonated charges in the M2o3, or are they all impact detonated?
Gotta love google ;)

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/40.htm

WOW I JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH THAT SITE but army.ca still num 1 ;)

GerryCan said:
We don't use the SAT room nearly as often as we'd like due to lack of people to operate or it being out of commision. Like I said earlier though, we mainly focus on C7 principles (atleast as long as I've been using it) so we don't fire 203 on it too often. I've fired the M72 on it a few times, but that's about her. Just for my own interest : M203's max eff. range is 300m right? I canvassed around because I can't remember since it was battle school when I learned it, some said 3 and others 4, I'm under the impression that it's 3. 48th?

Well as far as I know there's still no Pam for it, only the Diemaco owners manual ("hi, and congratulations on your purchase of the M-203 granade launcher...."), which technicaly means there's no solid "maximum effective range" for it in the CF.   The few times I've taught it on a course, the maximum effective range was given as 300 meters (but we all know how reliable battle-school lesson plans are).   The American M203 has a range of 400 meters, and I'm not sure wether that's due to differences in design and construction, or what.

EDIT:  Just figured it out.  The maximum range of the weapon is 400 meters, maximum effective is 300.

After asking around here I did find the Max eff. as 300m, an officer knew it, go figure. And you're also right, 400m maximum range.

Back