• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mail and care packages sent to BMQ / BMOQ

Hello there - this may be an odd question, but I was wondering if there are any programs by which gift boxes can be sent to our men and women who will not be home for Christmas this year?  I, thankfully, don't have any friends or loved-ones in that situation this year, but I know that there are many who are.  Does anybody have any tips/advice of how I could send a package to show how grateful I am, and to help to give somebody a nicer Christmas?

Thank you.

sunshine said:
Hello there - this may be an odd question, but I was wondering if there are any programs by which gift boxes can be sent to our men and women who will not be home for Christmas this year?  I, thankfully, don't have any friends or loved-ones in that situation this year, but I know that there are many who are.  Does anybody have any tips/advice of how I could send a package to show how grateful I am, and to help to give somebody a nicer Christmas?

Thank you.

As there is a new policy, you would have to get the name and service number of an individual soldier and send it to him. It appears that there is a new policy prohibiting the sending of gifts to "Any Canadian Soldier", as was the case in the past.

For me, its Dare jube-jubes, Dare jelly beans, and Popeye candy sticks that does it ever time! Throw in some Malted Milk choc bars, some Y&S red twizzlers, maybe some Bee-Hive corn syrup, Dad's Choc-chip cookies, and I'll love ya for life!

These are Cdn icons as far as I am concerned, and I rarely get a chance to eat them anymore. Every few years usually.

Anyone so deemed to send me a package, PM me for my deployment address  ;D. Of course your package will be rewarded with something from 'over here', that I assure you. perhaps a "Who's Your Baghdaddy" T-shirt?

Cheers,

Wes

Hi  :)

I would love to send a care package but since I don't know anyone that is overseas I thought i'd take you up on your offer and send you (and your ... troopmates ... lol) some stuff.

Anyone esle in your troop that would like a care package too feel free to send their names nad rank and anything else i may need along with anything they may be longing for and i'll do my best  :salute:

Thanks

Erin

I tried to send this to you in a person message but it said you don't exist  ??? :eek: So i thought I'd post it here

Besides the standard stuff already mentioned, I also included

1) Lots of Canadian paraphenalia from the dollar store - magnets, stickers, etc
2) Cigars! I get emails from them saying the cigarettes they can buy there taste like hay
3) Timmies GCs

Awhile ago I sent a $10 Walmart t-shirt, and I got an email back saying that the t-shirt was the best thing in the package.  It's so hot there that they're always sweaty, and having a fresh shirt was awesome.

Ummmmmmm not to burst your bubble but the boys are more likely to use a toque over a t shirt this time of the year.  Trust me.  That said your effort is appreciated.

Well, she did say "awhile ago". It may have been more appreciated during the season that it arrived, than it would be now  ;)

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
Last day for packages to be sent was Dec 7th for TF 3-06

Oh  :-\ ... is that only for christmas? because it doesn't have to be a christmas care package. I just want to send one (or many  ;) ) to show my support

That would be for TF 3-06.  you can still send them just not sure how you would send them too.

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
That would be for TF 3-06.  you can still send them just not sure how you would send them too.

Thanks,

I'm not sure what TF 3-06 is but ok  ??? I'm looking into that adopt a soldier program thing and asking anyone on here that's overseas to supply me with name and rank if they would like to, so I can send a care package under their name since you can't just send one to " a canadian soldier" anymore.

LWQ:
I will re-check my info on this end, but I think you are wrong with your Dec 7 date. Dec 7 is the last mail run for the year 2006, not TF3-06. We have until Jan 15 to send packages for free via Canada Post.

9r domestic said:
LWQ:
I will re-check my info on this end, but I think you are wrong with your Dec 7 date. Dec 7 is the last mail run for the year 2006, not TF3-06. We have until Jan 15 to send packages for free via Canada Post.

I'm with you on this 9nr. I was given Dec 7 as the last date to get packages to the troops in time for X-mas. I haven't been given an end date for the roto yet. I'm just finishing preparing my next one now, so if you find out differently, can you please let me know. Thanks.

"Christmas Morale Mail

The deadline for Christmas Morale Mail is 9:00am 16 November 2006
All packages or mail intended for Christmas must be at the Battallion
Post Office or M.F.R.C. by the above date.

The last despatch for the year is 9:00am 7 December 2006."

Pea, I will let you know if I hear anything.

muskrat89 said:
Well, she did say "awhile ago". It may have been more appreciated during the season that it arrived, than it would be now  ;)

Yep.  It was back in July.

But whatever - so it is snowing in Afg right now.  The guys and girls still go to the gym.

I was reading the postings on:

"care packages for the guys on tour"
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/35935.0.html

I had a thought, why isn't there a International USO?
http://www.uso.org/

Maybe something like the International Red Cross?

I try to give to the USO every couple of months, I buy a care package for $25 and usually give another $25 as a general donation.
I wouldn't mind giving ,as an American, if the USO sent me a notice that the Canadian Service Organisation(for example) needed money.
It would be no different than the American Red Cross asking for money, to send to another Red Cross or Red Cresent organization in a natural disaster or conflict. If people need help or support they need help or support, what's the problem?

Anyone try to ship a barrack box?

My measurements make it to be slightly over sized (210cm approx, versus the maximum of 200cm).

My quick measurements make it out to be 60cmX50cmX25cm. 60+2(25+50)=210

Anyone had anything returned to sender? Would there be any alternative to be able to shipt it? (CMTT?)

When you say Care Package - do mean shipped overseas or within Canada?

I don't think you can ship something overseas with a lock on it - in case they want to open it they'd have to cut the lock off.

muffin

Back