• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Man killed in plane crash south of Saskatoon was taking his first flying lesson

SARgirl

Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
Man killed in plane crash south of Saskatoon was taking his first flying lesson

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5jo-MQxRuaaR2cwtlgRTAQEc2k_Sw

SASKATOON — A student pilot who died along with his instructor when their ultra-light plane crashed south of Saskatoon was taking his first flying lesson.

Ryan Chute, 28, of the Moose Jaw area, and Vern Rees, 56, of Saskatoon, were killed when the plane went down on Monday night. Rees was an experienced flight instructor and Chute was taking his first flight training session.

Chute's family said in a statement that "he loved the outdoors and farming, but most of all he loved his family."

Chute was married and had two sons aged four and six months.

Rees's family contacted police when the plane did not return on schedule from the training session and the wreckage was found Tuesday morning.

Transport Canada and the RCMP are investigating.

I know that Radio Chatter posts aren't obligated to have any point*, but........posting without even a comment?

???

* I mean, it's not like they're Oblio and Arrow playing triangle toss with the evil Count's kid.....

Someone being killed from a plane crash during a training flight isn't all that unheard of however, being killed on his FIRST flying lesson... don't you think that is somewhat of an anomaly???  I just thought it was interesting because of all the deaths which occur every year during flying lessons, having a death occur during the 'first' lesson is, I'm-a-thinking, probably very rare statically. 

Got it.
I was clutching at straws (like, the guy's name was "Chute" -- maybe he should have taken up skydiving....)  ;D

Mind you, I'm pretty sure gravity is pretty constant for each and every flight. Since the pilot is therefore the unknown factor, the more pilots I know, the more I prefer jumping out  :nod:

The 'Chute' comment was funny.

Even with all the 'stuff' that I do, I'm still too chicken to jump out of an air craft. I had said to someone who I know that, jumping out of an AC is something I would never do willingly, they simply gave a big smile and said, "uh huh", like they didn't believe that it would never happen, but I'm still standing firm about not jumping out of any AC. 

Many years ago,

Did my first jump on a Saturday ..... started flying lessons the next week.

Honest :nod:

Baden  Guy said:
Many years ago,

Did my first jump on a Saturday ..... started flying lessons the next week.

Honest :nod:

I'm with you on the flying; it is one of those things where I was born with the flying gene turned on.  So I completely 'get' the thing with flying. 

Does your comment mean jumping is not for you either?

Ryan Chute Remembered
Thursday, 20 August 2009
http://www.discovermoosejaw.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9288&Itemid=401

This link has a photo of Vern Rees
http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Saskatoon+area+flight+instructor+Vern+Rees+Moose+killed+plane+crash/1904863/story.html

egy sárvédő said:
So I completely 'get' the thing with flying.
Sorry, but amongst my several t-shirts is one reading:

If you want to fly, you have to get out of the plane

free_fall.jpg

:rofl:
Love the t-shirt saying.

However, jumping out of a plane is not flying... it's falling.  :nod:

Back