• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

March Madness - Selection Boards 07

I wasn't going anywhere... I've been here almost a year.. Can't leave yet...

I only applied 2 weeks ago today, so I can't be impatient yet.  :)

Pea said:
I only applied 2 weeks ago today, so I can't be impatient yet.  :)

And you're already merit listed :eek: Maybe you should go buy a lotto ticket while you're luck is on.

8 1/2 months and counting for me  :(

In case anyone doesn't follow my other thread, but does look at this one.

I got my call today!! Seems there was a mis-communication and I was selected on Monday's board!  ;D Swear in next week, and head to BMQ beginning of May.

Best of luck to the rest of you!

Flatspin said:
And you're already merit listed :eek: Maybe you should go buy a lotto ticket while you're luck is on.

Check that, no lottery ticket needed.  Horseshoe has been located..  ;)

Congrats Pea, really happy for you...  Flatspin and I really aren't jealous at all    :crybaby:

Good Luck!

kc

Pea said:
In case anyone doesn't follow my other thread, but does look at this one.

I got my call today!! Seems there was a mis-communication and I was selected on Monday's board!  ;D Swear in next week, and head to BMQ beginning of May.

Best of luck to the rest of you!

wow nice pea congrats i applied the 8th of this month still waiting too no telling when they'll call mind you iu havent even done my apt test yet nor an interview

Hawkeye said:
i applied the 8th of this month still waiting too no telling when they'll call mind you iu havent even done my apt test yet nor an interview
Same here and I applied in early January  ::)

*happy dance*

Got my offer finally! I did in fact get recruit school bypass, so they want to ship me straight to Kingston by April 16th. Problem being that I don't write finals until April 21st-23rd, so.... my file manager is off to negotiate!

Excuse me as I go bounce off a few walls... ;D

Wow....  Way to go Kas... Ok, really starting to feel alone here...  :)

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

kc

OSL trades and board dates are constantly changing and are not within the control of your local CFRC.  Your CFRC wants to see you get in, almost as much as you do and the more you call and harrass them, the less time and attention they are paying to your file and paperwork.  Have some trust in the process and you will be called as soon as they have something for you!  Check in with them periodically for an update if you must but remember that these folks are professionals who have your (and the CF's) best interest in mind. 

Lizard said:
Check in with them periodically for an update if you must

Looking after our best interests is going nearly 3 months with no contact?? And when I finally do make contact with THEM, I get the huffs and puffs of frustration because they're so busy.  I'm so tired of feeling like a burden to these people.

That being said, I know there are great recruiters out there, so I don't want to paint all of them with one brush. 
I am patient, I will continue to be patient.  But if you're going to come on to army.ca with your first post trying to calm everyone down, might be an idea to fill in your profile.  And if you're from recruiting, yes I have questions about my file  ;)

Cheers,

kc

Your recruiting centre might literally have thousands of applications and files in progress.  Do you really expect them to call everyone to tell them there is nothing to report on a monthly basis?  Considering that most people are never home when the recruiting centre calls, this could be a lot of real work (do the math) that won't get done at your local recruiting centre.  If you really want to join the Regular Force and aren't prepared to wait, why don't you apply for a trade where the CF actually needs people.  Image tech is not one of those trades.  In the meantime, why don't you volunteer to work at your local recruiting centre and see how much work they really are doing!!  Be realistic and prepared to wait.

I hope I didn't bother them by 2 phones in the last 4 months. Will they notice you when you are on the merit list? or just final result? I saw their vacancy list when I began the application process. Many trade they hire few or none, but there's no trade they take a lot of people at one time. 

Once you are on the merit list you can be selected at any time... nationally or locally, this week, month or maybe this year depending on the trade you apply for.  Trust me, if you are on the merit list for Arty, Armd, NE Tech or the like, you'll be selected pretty quick.  Regardless of the trade, once you are on the merit list, there is nothing you can do to change the outcome, likewise the CFRC can't do anything for you.  Unless of course something happens that directly affects your application: medical problems, legal issues or upgraded education.  Once you are selected from the merit list and an offer is tendered for you, the CFRC will hunt you down like a rabid dog to see if you accept.  For Pylon ... file managers are the busiest of the CFRC lot and really don't have time to call you every week to let you know you are still on the ML.  Likewise they can't impact the speed of your Air Factor coming in.  Good luck and when you least expect it, you'll get that call.  It's worth the wait.

maybe i didn't explain my question clearly. I mean putting you on the merit list is a special step; or after interview the recruiter said" we'll recommend  to the list", and you don't have trouble with medical, erc, credit.......... you'll be on the list?

yes once your medical, interview, ERC etc is good, you go on the Merit List.  This is pretty automatic and you don't need to prod your CFRC to put you on.

The process is the same for Reserve applicants but the selection is different.  The Reserve unit you are applying to should be able to tell you how they select people.  Many units do it slightly differently.  Generally speaking if you are fully processed(successfully) and the Reserve Unit has room for you, you should be getting a job soon.

Lizard said:
Trust me, if you are on the merit list for Arty, Armd, NE Tech or the like, you'll be selected pretty quick. 

May I ask , how about vhe tech? Since I saw there are so many schools for auto tech in vancouver, I doubt I made a wrong choice. but my interview was over, if I change my choice........... looks like I am making trouble.

Back