• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Marine Engineer BOQT Start Dates 2014

iliketosneeze

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

Almost done my basic here in St. Jean and wondering if anyone knows the dates for NETP or the trade training course.
Thanks.

don't know the dates, but nobody knows when your course starts until you get here, seems like its a 1st come 1st serve basis until the class is full. Personally I wouldn't worry about it and enjoy your time on pat, Victoria area is gorgeous, take the time to explore without the workload a course dumps on you.

added bonus, weather here is pretty sweet compared to St. Jean

Yes, I'm excited to check out the west, having never been. One of my stoker buddies on platoon has a friend in RMS who told him he's on a QL3 starting in August, so maybe I'll be on that course. Hopefully they'll throw us on the NETP so we're not twiddling our thumbs for three months. Just curious, did they give you a few days to spend at home before your course started?

you cant assume that you will be on the august course, but its a possibility. NETP, well, whenever there is space they may or may not throw you on, might only get part of it, I did DC school before my 3's now doing the rest of it and they split my 3's in half to let us do it. so you never know what to expect, keeps things interesting. About going home, from St. Jean you hop on a plane and head over straight away, once your here and have your in routine finished, you should be able to use some leave if you want, or save it all for Christmas, I had a month off for Christmas last year as I hadn't used any of my annual days

about twiddeling thumbs, there is definitely some of that, but they try hard to get you to a ship to do basics stuff like secure for sea, storing/de-storing, all that fun stuff, kind of boring, but you do get to play on a ship, which is better then a pat room anyday.

good luck!

Back