• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Marks / Grades: School / GED or PLAR [MERGED]

You cannot apply unless you are 16 and have grade 10 completed.

To join the Reserves you have to be 16 with parental permission, and you have to have 15 high school credits... To be honest I wouldn't get your hopes up of applying early. I would wait until about the week before you turn 16, then go to your local recruitment center, and get the application package, fill it out then bring it back when you are 16.
good luck,
militarygirl88

you need to have 15 high school credits, to apply to the military... basically grade 10 completed,
militarygirl 69

Hi everyone - I'm new to this website. I'm 15 years old at the moment and I'm turning 16 March 08. I am debating what I would like to do - Pilot - Ground Infant - Navy. I'm leaning more towards Ground Infantry; What do you guy's think about it? I'm 6'3 and 168 pounds. I will have my grade 10 education very soon so that is not an issue. I just want some other peoples opinions. I was also considering moving to America and joining there armed forces - what do you think?  :warstory:

I'm 15 years old at the moment and I'm turning 16 March 08. I am debating what I would like to do - Pilot - Ground Infant - Navy.
Until your 18, your going to need your parent's concent for you to enlist, also if you want to be a pilot, your gonna need some post secondary, because thats an officer trade. good luck though!

cgyflames01 said:
I'm 15 years old at the moment and I'm turning 16 March 08. I am debating what I would like to do - Pilot - Ground Infant - Navy.
Until your 18, your going to need your parent's concent for you to enlist, also if you want to be a pilot, your gonna need some post secondary, because thats an officer trade. good luck though!

Correctomundo. Pilot is an officer trade and therefore requires a degree. Even if they open CEOTP again, the minimum is a high school diploma.

Cheers

Im in grade ten and its a good thing i checked out this site cause i've been letting my grades slip cause all im focused on is joining the air force and i guess this means i have to start to improve in school and Fitness wise i plan on joining the reserves this summer but is there any training that you can do for the airforce i mean i would still be trained in the basics any way but you see pei dont have a airforce

Alrighty, Im 17 years old, I am a good student, however I am the typ that doess good in class, but doesnt do any homework. So im taking mostly grade 10 classes atm, since I didnt finish my grade 10s, is there a way i can join without having my grade 10? As long as I pass the test?

I plan on joining this year ASAP.

Man, I accidently posted a poll lol.. well just reply.

Another quest I have is, I require 15 credit right, as long as I can 15 credits, doess it matter what classes I take. or doess it have to be certain classes?

I require 15 credits to join, doess it matter what classes I take to get those credits? Or do I need specific classes, (MATH,SCIENCE,ENGLISH) whatever.

Finish high school. (I don't think you can get in without grade 10)

Take classes you like.

That's my advice.

coolboyp10 said:
Another quest I have is, I require 15 credit right, as long as I can 15 credits, doess it matter what classes I take. or doess it have to be certain classes?

As long as you have 15 credits it doesn't really matter which ones as far as I can tell. They never questioned any of my credits. But you do need your grade 10, so just keep working hard.

coolboyp10 said:
I require 15 credits to join, doess it matter what classes I take to get those credits? Or do I need specific classes, (MATH,SCIENCE,ENGLISH) whatever.
Always good to have a fall back plan.  Also, a lot of jobs may ruled out if you don't have a basic working knowledge of Eng/Fr (reading, comprehension, communication), Math, and Technical skills.  The CFAT is based on the average Gr 10 or Equiv curriculum.

greener said:
Finish high school. (I don't think you can get in without grade 10)

Take classes you like.

That's my advice.

This is good advice, but not a requirement, as long as you've 15 credits and your 17 and all that other stuff you have to meet your in the green. Take what ever classes you like becuase it doesnt affect anything regarding military, unless its a pre-requiste course to somthing you'd like to excell in the future, although i'm sure you knew that.

Just wondering are you joining as reserve or regular (full or part time)?

PteKec said:
As long as you have 15 credits it doesn't really matter which ones as far as I can tell. They never questioned any of my credits. But you do need your grade 10, so just keep working hard.

Of course, in the long run, joining without a highschool diploma is likely a very bad idea...

Believe or not, the officer that will conduct your interview will mention your schooling-marks, habits, community service etc. So not only should  you have 15 credits you should also be prepared to answer that question if need be ( I know i had one heck of a time doing that  ;)).

You will be placed on a merit list, and i presume, and high school diploma will get you in faster then someone with only 15 credits. Also, a high school diploma will be a great thing to fall back on, in case anything is to ever happendown the road.

Back