• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Marksman/Distinguished Marksman badge on DEUs wearing/regulations

Recce,

It wasn't a matter of challenging your numbers; I was just informing you that the pub you listed has been replaced.  CFOSP is easy to find:
http://armyapp.forces.gc.ca/ael/pubs/CFOSP-B-GL-382-001-FP-001.pdf

And easier to access than me putting my copy (that I do have with me, thank you) on my scanner.

Page 5 states that it's a CoC responsibility to track the scores in a UER (doesn't mention badge tracking)

Page 19:

QUALIFICATION BADGES
25. All Land Force personnel of the rank of Sergeant and below who are assigned the C7, C7A1, C7A2, or the C8 as their personal  weapon, and who achieve the marksman’s score on the PWT 3, are authorized to wear the crossed rifles with crown badge in accordance with A-AD-265-000/AG-001 Canadian Forces Dress Instructions.

26. All Land Force personnel of the rank of Sergeant and below who are assigned the C7, C7A1, C7A2, or the C8 as their personal weapon, and who achieve 80% on the PWT 2, are considered a first class shot and are authorized to wear the crossed rifles badge in accordance with A-AD-265-000/AG-001 Canadian Forces Dress Instructions.

(Break)

It does not mention the one year part in those paras, but earlier in definitions it does state that to be current it has to be 12 months.

Page 90: Notes for scoring the PWT3

1. Ammunition. 69 rds.
2. Scoring. HPS—49 points. 1 point per hit in all Sers.
3. Standards.
a. Pass—29 points (60% of HPS).
b. Marksman—39 points (80% of HPS).
4. Ser 1 and Ser 2 may be skipped if a given firer is satisfied that their weapon is zeroed.

Techno,

Ack!

Back