• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Marriage and recruiting

I am in the Social Sciences and he wants land. I was thinking logistics officer? Thank you for explaining how the RMS clerk works. We are aware that there are going to be times when we are away from each other, just trying to minimize it is the hard part, not for us, but more for our sons sake. What if I was to transfer to RMC through the ROTP program? Would "compassionate reasons" perhaps see him based in Kingston for the duration of my training? Of course, no guarantees on that....hmmm, lots to think about.

Since you're still relatively early in your degree - check out the requirements for what type of degree you need to be Log.  I do know of one person who applied to be a Log O with a History degree and was told no.  She had to take the long way around - Supply Tech, then apply for Special Commissioning (SCP) after her initial engagement (since going back to school was not an option for her). 

I think to be a Log O they are looking for more of a mangement focus?  Not sure exactly.  But worth checking online or at the CFRC.

Hi,

How does it affect my application if I am recently seperated from my spouse before the application? And more important, if he is from a schedule country, do they still have to check his background even though we are seperated?

Thanks

You should inform and ask those changes/questions to the CFRC.

siuto said:
Hi,

How does it affect my application if I am recently seperated from my spouse before the application?

Are you seperated or legally divorced?

And more important, if he is from a schedule country, do they still have to check his background even though we are seperated?

Thanks

We check your background.  If you are still legally married it could be an issue.  It depends if you have been told you require a pre-security assessment prior to enrolment.  If not and you are only having a CRNC then it probably won't be an issue until you report to St. Jean (provided you get hired of course).  At which point you would be filling out the paper work for a full security clearance, and it may be an issue then, but then thats no longer a recruiting issue.

Back