• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MARS III dates for 2009/1010?

Steve_D

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi.

Does anyone know what the dates are for MARS III courses for the remainder of 2009 and/or early 2010?  I am just in the application process, but am very excited and hoping that there will not be a big delay due to when the courses are.

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Steve
:cdn:

Steve_D said:
Hi.

Does anyone know what the dates are for MARS III courses for the remainder of 2009 and/or early 2010?  I am just in the application process, but am very excited and hoping that there will not be a big delay due to when the courses are.

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Steve

Hello Steve, I am assuming you have not attended the NOAB yet, when I write this. The scenario for the first couple of years for a regular force MARS officer that would be starting BMOQ on Sept 2009 went like this (According to the presentation at the NOAB):

BMOQ Sep 09-Dec 09
NETPO Dec 09-Feb 10
OJT/MARS 3 Mar 10-Jun 10
MARS 4 July 10-Dec 10

You are correct Sir. I have not been fortunate enough to attend NAOB yet.  I am just a forward planner and thinking about PAT time and family move time frames.  I am aware that there could be long wait times, but I am really hoping that I could be in BMOQ before 2010, although I read on another thread that there are no more BMOQs after September.

Can anyone clarify if they have heard the same thing?

Thank you

Steve
:cdnsalute:

Hey steve, seen you in a few other threads, the next NOAB is Sept 28th, and the next BMOQ sometime in January 2010, not sure when the next after that could be because the july BMOQs are generally reserved for the ROTPs.  I was wondering the same things, been merit listed since July no calls yet.  and according to jolly roger there are some downtime in between each phase: does anyone know what we do in the mean time?? are we supposed to find a part time job if its a month in between?? just not sure looking for some clarification

The next BMOQ after September 7th is January 11th, 2010. Two people on my NOAB are going on that course as they cannot go in September due to family issues.

Good luck!

Dielsel

Not exactly sure, but my guess would be that we would be placed on some form on PAT or OJT.  Once you are in, then you continue to get paid, regardless of whether you are on course or not.

Steve

DIESEL 007 said:
the next NOAB is Sept 28th, and the next BMOQ sometime in January 2010,

DIESEL 007  wondering if that NOAB is confirmed as none of the recruitment people I have spoken to at the end of August seem to know when the next one is.  Also, can someone explain what 'merit listed' means?

Two things,

First.  If you have a long wait between courses employment will be found for you. Once you enrol you are kept on the payroll and working. It may be crap work but a paycheque is a paycheque.

Second.  There is a BMOQ on the 19th of October 2009. It was added just recently.

Well, those dates for sept 28th have been confirmed for me by quite a few people.  3 at the CFRC and a few on here, one guy said he chairs the board, so hopefully he atleast knows!  From what I understand of "merit listed", you have passed the preliminary tests and interviews and are just awaiting the enrollment.  enrollment will be offered when a position is open and training available.

And things sometimes move fast.  I got a call today advising me that I would likely be confirmed on the Sept 28th NOAB sometime next week.  Do you think they would be expecting candidates on the Sept 28 - Oct 2 NOAB to start BMOQ on Oct 19th?  I was sort of gearing up for the January start...

I was wondering the same thing, also thought it was weird they were running 2 BMOQs that overlap.  One starts this week and will still be on come October19th.  But anyway, Im not sure, 2 weeks isn't a lot of notice... But ive heard it could happen.  I have my sites set on the Jan BMOQ as well, my wife will lose it if i tell her im going to be gone for nearly 2 years with only two weeks notice!! Best of Luck!

So, just to clear up... Did the CFRC officially invite you to NOAB or just say you should receive a call, just wondering because i've been waiting since May, and am wound up tight with imaptience!!

Well, things are moving mighty fast for me.  I had my CFAT/medical/interview 2 weeks ago.  I am over 40 so had to have some additional med tests done.  That was done one week ago Monday... They called to ask if the tests were sent... I confirmed that they were but were sent to a main RC (ie not the satellite one I was interviewed at).  He will follow up and he said once they get those results they would be calling me next week to advise for the 28th.  So not firm as yet, but barring any surprises in the over 40 tests, I gather they will be asking me to attend.

And two weeks notice for me would be mighty short as well.... have to give notice at work for one thing.... but I am thinking that Oct - Jan in Quebec sounds better than Jan - Apr.... mighty cold for outdoor work... so who knows... and good luck to you as well.... I know this can take a long time.

FDO said:
Two things,

First.  If you have a long wait between courses employment will be found for you. Once you enrol you are kept on the payroll and working. It may be crap work but a paycheque is a paycheque.

Second.  There is a BMOQ on the 19th of October 2009. It was added just recently.

FDO, if they just added that October BMOQ, how come they started filling the January one ? 
And do you think if we are out NOAB October 2nd we have a chance to get into that October BMOQ ?  Oh, and will it be only in English ?  (As you can see through my posts, I'd better do it in French if I want to get through those 15 weeks !! haha)

Thanks !

Trish

The course is in English. I don't know why they added the October course. I'm hoping its because they listened to us when we said we needed one to clear up the back log. As for you being on that course. I don't know. Anything is possible but you may have more processing to do or there could be a problem at the CFRC getting you enrolled in time, any number of reasons to not put you on it. when you successfully complete NOAB ask the CFRC if you can be put on the Octoer course. I'd say the January course is a definate but nothing is definate until after it happens.

Not much help I know but I figured you'd want the bare facts not sugar coated. Your going to be a Navy Officer get used to your Snr NCOs telling you what you NEED to hear not what you WANT to hear!

I had my interview and medical yesterday.  Both went well, but since I am over 40, I also need the doctors appt, blood work and ECG.  The earliest that I could get into my doctor is next Wednesday. After that, I am not sure how soon I can get the blood work and ECG done.  Once they are completed (and results sent to my doctor) I need to get the documents to Fredricton (I live in Saint John). I told them that I will drive them up instead of dealing with extra time in the mail.  From there, they need to go to Ottawa and back to the RC before I can be confirmed for the Sept NOAB.  The final date that this can be done by is Sept 18.  I don't think that things can happen that quickly.  How long have others waited for the Ottawa reply?  The Capt at the RC did say that he will try to expedite it.

With the attempt to clear the backlog, I wonder if they would put on another NOAB prior to the Jan BMOQ.

Here's hoping for the best.....

Steve

Well Steve, not to put your hopes down, but the last time i heard from the RC was in June, so its been a long wait for me, and still I'm not sure if I can be in this september's NOAB.

For those of you going you should be getting a call in the next few days. Course instructions just came out and that's all I can say on that. The rest is up to your CFRC.

Good luck to all!

FDO said:
Trish

The course is in English. I don't know why they added the October course. I'm hoping its because they listened to us when we said we needed one to clear up the back log. As for you being on that course. I don't know. Anything is possible but you may have more processing to do or there could be a problem at the CFRC getting you enrolled in time, any number of reasons to not put you on it. when you successfully complete NOAB ask the CFRC if you can be put on the Octoer course. I'd say the January course is a definate but nothing is definate until after it happens.

Not much help I know but I figured you'd want the bare facts not sugar coated. Your going to be a Navy Officer get used to your Snr NCOs telling you what you NEED to hear not what you WANT to hear!

Thanks FDO, and don't worry, I prefer from far the real thing !  It was more for my curiosity.  Since I will be in a french platoon, then I set my mind on the January course.  (The truth is I was more planning on January to get time in between NOAB and BMOQ to travel a bit while I have time and no obligations ! Let's just hope everything goes well and smoothly !)

Quick question to those who may know. I think the topic is related.
Does the NETPO only run once a year?

If so, then with the next NETPO in Dec then all the those who may attend Oct or Jan BMOQ will have quite a long wait?

Thanks,

Back