• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MASSACRE in Japan

Quag

Inactive
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: Clicking on the link will lead you to a very graphic YouTube video involving the inhumane treatment of Dolphins

Any thoughts, comments folks?

I needed somewhere to share this.  After watching it, I was shocked, outraged and terribly saddened.  I know there are way worse things in the world, but....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wXe3dQ21LQ0

Out of shear curiousity (sort of like why we would follow an OCdt) why did you post that here on Army.ca?

George Wallace said:
Out of shear curiousity (sort of like why we would follow an OCdt) why did you post that here on Army.ca?

I'm not sure what your stab at OCdt.'s is all about?  Seems out of place to me.

Back to the question, I posted it for public opinion and awareness.  This is the Radio Chatter Forum, where just about anything goes.  How is my thread that much out of place compared to others within this category?  IE:

Keith Richards: I snorted my father's ashes
Battlestar Galactica
Student punished for spaghetti beliefs

etc...

Whoa Quag,

Slooooooooooow down.

He didn't say your post was out of place.

He asked why you chose to post it..."out of sheer curiosity."

If he thought it was "that much out of place compared to others" (your words...not his) he could have locked it, and deleted it.

Regarding the OCdt comment. You've never heard that saying before?? It's meant to be humourous. That's all.

George was probably put off for the same reason I was....the thread title. I was thinking.  "Oh no, @%&*, what happened now?

Sorry Guys :-[,

I'm a little edgy, exam season... ;D

I've never heard the saying, I have now.  Thanks for clarifying.

If it's inappropriate, by all means lock it up and toss it out.  I just had never heard of this practice and thought some might be in the same shoes I was.

The Librarian said:
Regarding the OCdt comment. You've never heard that saying before?? It's meant to be humourous. That's all.

Actually, I always found this comment funny, until I became an OCdt.  :-X

But now that I'm no longer one, it's funny again.  ;)

I can see how it was meant as a joke and also seen how it can be misconstrued as an insult if not taken in context.
Don't worry about it Quaq. 

Trinity said:
Actually, I always found this comment funny, until I became an OCdt.   :-X

But now that I'm no longer one, it's funny again.   ;)

:rofl: Good one. Just great...if I ever make it to where Quag is now, I'll bet I'll be expecting the same.

Quag said:
Any thoughts, comments folks?

I needed somewhere to share this.  After watching it, I was shocked, outraged and terribly saddened.  I know there are way worse things in the world, but....

PETA!
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Seriously though, ever been to a slaughterhouse, hog abbatior, poultry processor? You do eat beef, pork and chicken don't you? People got to eat. Meat is not grown in styrofoam packets. When you're feeding millions, efficiency, in processing, and quantity of an abundant natural resource is the key.

recceguy said:
PETA!
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Seriously though, ever been to a slaughterhouse, hog abbatior, poultry processor? You do eat beef, pork and chicken don't you?

Funny, coming from the guy with a pig avatar.  ;)

These people obviously don't care at all about the animal. To me it shows alot about who they are, selfish.

Miss Jacqueline said:
These people obviously don't care at all about the animal. To me it shows alot about who they are, selfish.

Unless you're a full blown vegan that wears only plant fiber cloths, uses no leather or other animal by-products, of any sort, you just called yourself out.

I have to agree with Recceguy on this. My brother saw hotdog's being made, but he still eats them  ;)

recceguy said:
Unless you're a full blown vegan that wears only plant fiber cloths, uses no leather or other animal by-products, of any sort, you just called yourself out.

Says who?

If you're going to eat dolphins, eat dolphins, but tossing them into the back of a truck and letting them flip around hopelessly? Or tieing one to the back of a truck? I mean come on, kill the things, but be decent about it, kill them quickly and cleanly, as humanely as possible, then toss them in the back of the truck. Just because we're killing and eating them doesn't mean we can't be humane about it.

EDITED: I put 'can' instead of ''can't" in the last line by accident.

Miss Jacqueline said:
Says who?

So, your saying it OK for others to do the killing and processing, so long as all you have to do is enjoy the benifits. All without knowing, or caring, how you came by that succulent slab 'o' ribs, while discussing your new leather pumps with the girls. ;)

Seyek said:
If you're going to eat dolphins, eat dolphins, but tossing them into the back of a truck and letting them flip around hopelessly? Or tieing one to the back of a truck? I mean come on, kill the things, but be decent about it, kill them quickly and cleanly, as humanely as possible, then toss them in the back of the truck. Just because we're killing and eating them doesn't mean we can't be humane about it.

EDITED: I put 'can' instead of ''can't" in the last line by accident.

Like I said, if you've never seen how it's processed here...........................

Where's Ted Nugent!!!

Nah man, the others don't have to do their biz like that is all. I wouldn't buy anything from them. Even though I'm no vegan or wussy animal rights activist I still recognize this as shameful.

Hey RecceGuy, news flash - my neighbours are chicken farmers. They also turkeys and the occasional pig. My best friend from when I was a kid ran a cattle farm. My brother works for Ontario Pork, and toured one of their plants, and told me all about it. I know for a fact my neighbours don't tie a chicken to the back of a truck and drag it along the ground, you want to be unnecessarily cruel, that's your business. They also don't half kill the chickens, toss them into the back of a truck, then drive around for a bit before killing them. They chop the head off, quick, and relatively humane. Me, I'm all for killing animals for food, they DO taste delicious after all, but is even the slightest bit of decency a bad thing?

Seyek said:
Hey RecceGuy, news flash - my neighbours are chicken farmers. They also turkeys and the occasional pig. My best friend from when I was a kid ran a cattle farm. My brother works for Ontario Pork, and toured one of their plants, and told me all about it. I know for a fact my neighbours don't tie a chicken to the back of a truck and drag it along the ground, you want to be unnecessarily cruel, that's your business. They also don't half kill the chickens, toss them into the back of a truck, then drive around for a bit before killing them. They chop the head off, quick, and relatively humane. Me, I'm all for killing animals for food, they DO taste delicious after all, but is even the slightest bit of decency a bad thing?

Hey Seyek, News Flash.

Those are small family ops. Go watch a large scale operation. I've been to lots, and not on tours. I do know what I'm talking about, from first hand, not what someone told me..

Back