• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MASSACRE in Japan

Did you ever cut off the head of a worm? It still moves.....  Freaky stuff.

Well, I know at the Ontario Pork place they gas them, then punch a hole in their neck to kill them. I've also heard of other places that do indeed, do things in a much crueler manner.

Personally, I don't find it unreasonable that we should at least kill them in a humane manner, or do you WANT to be cruel and tortue the poor thing?

All I will say is DO NOT try to tell Recceguy how things are at Ontario's meat-processing plants.
FULL STOP

I didn't say ALL meat processing plants. I said one plant in particular, and the family places I've seen with my own eyes.

I don't see how this is any different from children starving to death from famine, or the public stonings that occur in third world countries. Plus, those dolphins are probably mighty tasty.  ;D

Seyek said:
Well, I know at the Ontario Pork place they gas them, then punch a hole in their neck to kill them. I've also heard of other places that do indeed, do things in a much crueler manner.

Personally, I don't find it unreasonable that we should at least kill them in a humane manner, or do you WANT to be cruel and tortue the poor thing?

How do you equate what I know to HOW I want it. Get a grip. The difference is they use a truck, we hang them, squirming, on a overhead conveyor line by a big fucking hook. We just more efficient at mechanical advantage. Your description of a hog abbatior is simplistic at best and not at all the reality. We gas them so you don't have to fight them. It's CO2 and they're only dazed and confused........like some others I know.

I admit I was a bit hasty, I apologize for that. As for only being dazed and confused, that beats being fully aware. As for how I equated with how you want it to be and how it is, the way you've been posting implied that you didn't much care that they suffer. Even if pigs, cows, chickens, etc do indeed suffer, I'm still going to keep on eating it like I always have. I'd rather they didn't, and I think the killing should be done in a human manner, and if that is indeed what you believe, would it have been so hard to simply state that in your first post as opposed to berating everyone for caring?

I am not against killing animals for food, however, I am against needless cruelty. 
I have been to both a beef and a turkey processing plant in Ontario.  At the beef plant, the animals were stunned using a captive bolt pistol (penetrating-type, IIRC) and at the turkey plant, the animals were electrocuted by passing through a water trough with an electrical current running through it, before having their throats cut. 
Now, I know captive bolt pistols don't kill the animal but render it unconscious and pretty much brain dead so it doesn't have any sensation.  I am quite sure there are instances where this is not so, but I would like to think they are few and far between and not the norm.
Another problem with this video clip is that they stated they sell the meat sometimes "mislabeled" as whale.  I wonder if that is deliberate, to get more people to buy the product?  Since there are obviously no fishing regulations there, I guess there's no packaging ones either.
[sarcasm on] Oops, made the same mistake they did, dolphins are mammals, not fish. [/sarcasm off]

The water trough they drag the turkey's heads through only has a mild electric current, it stuns them and speeds up the heart, so they bleed out faster. It doesn't electrocute them, to death, per se. They are still alive when the process begins.

Ever seen Krab advertised? It's not Crab, it's pollock, a fish.

Seyek said:
I admit I was a bit hasty, I apologize for that. As for only being dazed and confused, that beats being fully aware. As for how I equated with how you want it to be and how it is, the way you've been posting implied that you didn't much care that they suffer. Even if pigs, cows, chickens, etc do indeed suffer, I'm still going to keep on eating it like I always have. I'd rather they didn't, and I think the killing should be done in a human manner, and if that is indeed what you believe, would it have been so hard to simply state that in your first post as opposed to berating everyone for caring?

I implied no such thing. I simply stated the realities, and debunked your platitudes. The whole intent of my posts was to show people that we are neither immune or above anyone else when it comes to providing food for the masses. We're simply more efficient. I just pulled back the covers a bit. If it made you feel a little worse for the animals, that's a good thing. Nothing good comes without sacrifice. Be it the animal, or your ideals.

Back