• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Matthew Perry and the PM

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
653e254896f7540cd068b3b4.jpeg

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau paid tribute to his former school friend Matthew Perry, who died on Saturday. Perry was 54.

"Matthew Perry's passing is shocking and saddening," Trudeau wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter.

"I'll never forget the schoolyard games we used to play, and I know people around the world are never going to forget the joy he brought them. Thanks for all the laughs, Matthew. You were loved – and you will be missed."

😂Someone isn't telling the truth!🤣

Common observation would pick Trudeau.

Perry was born in Williamstown, Massachusetts, on August 19, 1969.[3] His mother, Suzanne Marie Morrison (née Langford, born 1948),[4][page needed] is a Canadian journalist who was press secretary to Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.
... Matthew attended Rockcliffe Park Public School for elementary school, alongside future Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. He also attended Ashbury College, a boarding school in Ottawa.[9][10]

By age 10, Perry started misbehaving. He stole money, smoked, let his grades slip, and beat up Trudeau with another classmate in fifth grade.[10][11] ...

🍻

View attachment 80970

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau paid tribute to his former school friend Matthew Perry, who died on Saturday. Perry was 54.

"Matthew Perry's passing is shocking and saddening," Trudeau wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter.

"I'll never forget the schoolyard games we used to play, and I know people around the world are never going to forget the joy he brought them. Thanks for all the laughs, Matthew. You were loved – and you will be missed."

Schoolyard games? I didn't know ass beating was a schoolyard game.

Maybe we should blame Perry for JT becoming PM. ;)

Perry said he went to grade school with Justin Trudeau in Ottawa and was “a couple of years ahead of him.” He said that in fifth grade, he and his friend beat up a young Trudeau, potentially due to “pure jealousy,” adding, “I think he was the only kid in school we could beat up.”

Chandler – yes, we can still call him that – said he wasn’t proud of what happened but did go on to suggest that the incident was “rather instrumental in [Trudeau] going to such great heights: “I think he said, ‘I’m going to rise above this, and I’m going to become prime minister.'”

Daily Hive Canada

View attachment 80970

He was a long-time drug addict, an alcoholic, and a depressive personality. They die! Tragic, but there are thousands each year who do so without a thought. That this man was a TV personality doesn’t make him any more precious or important than the next. In God’s eyes they are all equal.

He was a long-time drug addict, an alcoholic, and a depressive personality. They die! Tragic, but there are thousands each year who do so without a thought. That this man was a TV personality doesn’t make him any more precious or important than the next. In God’s eyes they are all equal.
Careful, don't use the word "god"

He was a long-time drug addict, an alcoholic, and a depressive personality. They die! Tragic, but there are thousands each year who do so without a thought. That this man was a TV personality doesn’t make him any more precious or important than the next. In God’s eyes they WE are all equal.
FTFY.

If you want to go all fire and brimstone, remember that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. ;)

FTFY.

If you want to go all fire and brimstone, remember that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. ;)
You’re missing the point. He’s being reported on because he’s a TV personality. Yet many others die without a mention.

Google « man dies of heart attack » and you get a whole list of non celebrities that are reported on.

The common thread is public interest. Is there a public interest in a death? If yes then so be it. If you don’t care then why even mention anything? Move on. Plenty of other things to be worried about.

It has been since time immemorial. Now we call it something else.....
I guess its true. We "played" that game in kindegarten, Grade 1,2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and also grade 5 (listed at the end because I choose to). We also played that game in the CAF infantry.

I have played the beatee, the beater, the beating witness.

Back