• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medal Mounting

He mounted my 2 cadet medals and ribbons, He also mounted my grandfathers korean war medals. He is an adult. Yes i was in cadets but not any more, i am only interested in reserves i am looking more full time at ROTP and also under avatar those wings were an option so i chose them. I never pretended to impersonate a member of the Canadian Armed Forces.

I only have earned my mock tower wings, I hope to one day earn my Para wings through hard work and dedication like my Grandfather and Cousin! I am also interested in SARTECH as they are bada**.

Recce, ease up a bit mate. Countyboy is probably 16-17 years old and outside of cadets has no experience as to what is acceptable in military circles. He probably saw the wings, thought they looked cool or maybe that is something that he has set as a personal goal. I'm sure that you weren't trying to sound aggressive, just how text comes across I guess.

Edit: I see Countyboy has cleared things up.

OK I can buy all that.

Usually though, on this site, we don't use avatars here that haven't been earned.

There are SAR trained guys here that might not take kindly to it.

If you haven't already you should read the guidelines.

Ok i changed my profile pic! haha you were right I am 17 and going in to my final year of high school. My goal is to become a member of the Military as most of my family has served. I am not sure how i will serve Canada at this time but i will serve in some way! if i did offend any SARTECH's i do apologize I am not the ex-cadet who runs around saying i was in the military and that i know everything about it.... cant stand those guys! I understand why you gave me a hard time to make sure i was not one of those types.

all in all this has moved very far away from the mounting  :p Pro court honestly is great check out his facebook page he post photo's i highly recommend him, he did a fantastic job on my medals and my grandfathers and would happily recommend him to anyone!

:cdn:

Flavus101 said:
Recce, ease up a bit mate. Countyboy is probably 16-17 years old and outside of cadets has no experience as to what is acceptable in military circles. He probably saw the wings, thought they looked cool or maybe that is something that he has set as a personal goal. I'm sure that you weren't trying to sound aggressive, just how text comes across I guess.

Edit: I see Countyboy has cleared things up.

Flavus101

Perhaps you would like to read our threads on "Walts".  It may clear up your views as to what opinions people on this site may have towards such things.

George Wallace said:
Flavus101

Perhaps you would like to read our threads on "Walts".  It may clear up your views as to what opinions people on this site may have towards such things.

If they have such strong opinions and take offence to the wings being used as a profile photo then it should be an option as a profile photo or each profile photo should be approved before its used.

Countyboy said:
If they have such strong opinions and take offence to the wings being used as a profile photo then it should be an option as a profile photo or each profile photo should be approved before its used.

It's a programming thing. All avatars need to be uploaded into a single category. There's no limitations on their use.

As an example, we've had many here using different rank, including CWO. We finally had to make it a rule that Cadets had to use 'Cadet' in front of their rank.

They were confusing noobs that came here for advice, only to find out after a series of exchanges that it was a Cadet Chief they were talking to and not a real CWO.

Cadet information is normally placed in your profile so people know of where you speak.

You should try that. Most of this conversation didn't need to take place if we knew right away that you were a Cadet and what your qualifications were.

We've been at this a long time. There is a method to our madness.

This had nothing to do with technical advice, merely promoting a business. And I am no longer a cadet so i don't feel its right i say i am

Morning,

Not sure if this is the right forum.

I'm a retired CF member living overseas looking for a shop anywhere in Canada to add a newly acquired gong to an existing court mounted set.

I was talking to medalmounting.ca in Regina recently but they've gone silent. No real rush, but do need to get it added before next Remembrance Day.

Can anyone recommend a reliable shop or individual?

Cheers.

shadreamer said:
I'm a retired CF member living overseas looking for a shop anywhere in Canada to add a newly acquired gong to an existing court mounted set.

"Full-size Court Mounted Medals":
http://williamscully.ca/gallery2/v/Products/medal_mounting_canada/full-size_court_mounted_medals.jpg.html

Thanks mariomike. Contacted them but they want me to find 10" of ribbon for one of my medals.

medalmounting.ca got back to me after a 2 week silence and I shipped them off a few days ago as they can do all of them without issue. Will let you know how they turn out.

Cheers.

Not quite sure what William Scully does anymore.  All I usually hear from or about them are the things they don't do.

Hi, I had my medals and miniatures expertly mounted in Scarborough, I'll root around for address, likely in Legion Magazine.  What's funny about this topic, last November I was in the local Ste-Anne-de-Belleview Legion, asking the elderly gents to assist with getting my new Legion uniform right for the big event in Ottawa.  It was frustrating until one old fellow told me: "It's a free country, wear that stuff any way you want"
Very refreshing, we need much more brevity in our time and place.

tekstiles said:
Hi, I had my medals and miniatures expertly mounted in Scarborough,

A guy at Jack Goodland near Scarborough General used to do it.

So on Tuesday I am receiving a medal and I am not sure if I need to do anything in preparation to receive it. I feel like I have seen people having mounts pre-placed on their DEUs so the medals just get attached. Is this the norm? Or is it good to just walk up and have it placed on me, or just given to me and I have it mounted?

Back