• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical #2?

RossF

Inactive
Reaction score
I tried to search for this, but came up with nothing, so I'm sorry if this has been asked before..

I've noticed people talking about how they've had a 2nd medical exam? What exactly is the cause of this? I had to have a few letters from my doctors with my med file.. but I didn't actually "fail" my medical.. Will I still have to go through the medical a 2nd time?

-Ross

Same thing happened to me so i hope i can help alittle.
I was ask to provied more information on my medical condition, and on the legnth of time that i had been off medication this is in relation to in the past i had systhyoms of A.D.H.D so all i did was go to my doctor and asked to to do a test to prove that i no long had A.D.H.D and as well to say that i had been off medication for a period longer then 6 months. So after that my medical #2 was put off in the mail and came back a pass. And i did not have to have a second medical exam. and i don't think you do unless it expires which it does in 6 months. anywho i hope this helps.

B.McTeer

RossF said:
I tried to search for this, but came up with nothing, so I'm sorry if this has been asked before..

I've noticed people talking about how they've had a 2nd medical exam? What exactly is the cause of this? I had to have a few letters from my doctors with my med file.. but I didn't actually "fail" my medical.. Will I still have to go through the medical a 2nd time?

-Ross

Their first one expired or they were found unfit and went back to be reassessed.

Ahh okay. Thanks a lot, that clears things up totally.

Although I wouldn't be off meds for 6 months (I'll be off them for about 3) by the summer, the medic I had for my medical was confident that if I got my letters in, I should be okay.

Thanks again,

-Ross

EDIT: To add to this.. Do you have to be off all kinds of meds for 6 months before going to BMQ? ...Yes I realize this is a question for my medic I had, but that never came to mind, he seemed confident with my situation.

RossF said:
Ahh okay. Thanks a lot, that clears things up totally.

Although I wouldn't be off meds for 6 months (I'll be off them for about 3) by the summer, the medic I had for my medical was confident that if I got my letters in, I should be okay.

Thanks again,

-Ross

EDIT: To add to this.. Do you have to be off all kinds of meds for 6 months before going to BMQ? ...Yes I realize this is a question for my medic I had, but that never came to mind, he seemed confident with my situation.

...Yes I realize this is a question for my medic I had, but that never came to mind, he seemed confident with my situation.

RossF said:
Hmm.. I'll take that as an "I'm alright" ?

Hmmmm, although it is definitely a question for the medical staff I will say that in most cases I have heard of the requirement is to be off the medication for a period of six months before being reassessed medically.  Of course that is all dependant on what type of medication.  Good luck.

Ahh okay.. I guess I'll just wait and hope, and cling to the fact that the medic seemed confident.

Thank you once again Kincanuck

Back