• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical benefits for reservists after release/retirement

Stoker

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
I did a lot of searching however could not find out much on this subject.

If a person on long term B/C service goes back to class A, I assume does his medical coverage through blue cross/drug plan cease?

If a person on long term B/C service retires or releases medical, can he pay for his continuing medical coverage the same as any regular force member releasing or retiring?

Thanks

Medical coverage on return to class A:  Member may elect for coverage under the Public Service Health Care Plan.  Member pays full premium, but receives annual rebate based on  number of days paraded.  This is not available to Reervists who are federal public servants and thus already covered by the plan.  Of course, duty-related injuries will contineu to be treated by the CF Health Care system.

Medical coverage on release: My understanding is that an individual would be eligble for coverage in the same way as any other person drawing an annuity under the CFSA.  However, I'm not 100% certain - it's a detail worth exploring at the CF Pensions website.

Thanks dataperson, thats exactly what I needed.

DND's manual on the health care plan:  http://cmp-cpm.forces.mil.ca/dgcb/dpsp/pshcp_manual_e/engraph/pshcp_manual_etb_e.asp

Back