• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Conditions

Jagd

Inactive
Reaction score
I know this is going to sound worse than it really is, I just found out yesterday that i'm allergic to the sun. It's not bad, just if i'm overtired and exposed to the sun for long periods of time  I will get a rash on my neck and ears (which is really more annoying than anything). I was just wondering if this will keep me out of the military, like I said before, it's not that bad, just like any other allergy. But i figure I'll be wearing some form of headgear when i'm out training or anything, and i will be able to build up a tolerance, so i was just wondering if it will hold me back in any way. I know this is a pretty hard question to answer so thanks to anyone that can help.

Jagd said:
I know this is going to sound worse than it really is, I just found out yesterday that i'm allergic to the sun. It's not bad, just if i'm overtired and exposed to the sun for long periods of time   I will get a rash on my neck and ears (which is really more annoying than anything). I was just wondering if this will keep me out of the military, like I said before, it's not that bad, just like any other allergy. But i figure I'll be wearing some form of headgear when i'm out training or anything, and i will be able to build up a tolerance, so i was just wondering if it will hold me back in any way. I know this is a pretty hard question to answer so thanks to anyone that can help.

Questions about whether or not a certain medical condition will or will not keep you out of the CF can only be answered through the medical screening portion of the recruiting process.

Is there any way to find out before the medical screening?

Jagd said:
Is there any way to find out before the medical screening?

No nobody, not even the Medical Technician at the CFRC/D, can tell you that before you have completed the medical processing and your file has been reviewed by the Recruiting Medical Officer.   Some conditions like missing limbs are pretty self-explanatory to an applicant but others are not.

Back