• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical history question

swisscosmo

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I have visited both the New West recruitment centre and also the Edmonton recruitment centre. Both locations I honestly didn't have many questions but I did ask about asthma on my medical record. I haven't had to take any medication for it since being diagnosed with it last year. I was also only diagnosed with it due to having bilateral bacterial pneumonia 1-2 times a year when I was in grade 8-10.  Why it took my doctors so long to diagnose me I don't know.

I graduated high school last year so I haven't had pneumonia or being majorly sick for 3 years.

I'm posting this because I'm wondering if due to this being on my medical record will I be rejected for the positions I am requesting? Currently I'm looking to join as a combat engineer or armoured soldier. Haven't decided if I will add a third option but I'm still researching all the jobs to see if there's anymore that seems interesting.

If you recruiters are unable to answer this question would you be able to give me the contact info for someone that would know? I was given the card of the medical Sgt.  In Edmonton but I seemed to have lost it when I went back up to my camp job in Fort Mac.

Would this help speeding up the medical process possibly then? Would a write up of my medical history with explanations from my doc work?

Good day swisscosmo,

Ensure that you conduct a better search of previously asked questions before posting a new question on this form.

We do not answer medical related questions on this form, refer to the previously asked medical questions for the information on where these types of questions are to be asked.

Hello Master Corporal Steven,

I did not do a search I just did a read through of the medical section so that was my bad.

Would you by any chance have the email for the medical Sgt. At the Edmonton CFRC? I was told last time I was there he'd be able to answer my question but misplaced his business card. 

Good day swisscosmo,

You mention that you did not conduct a prior search before asking your previous question. I assume that you have also not Read the Read First post regarding the rules for posting questions in this sub-form prior to the submission of your latest query. Therefore I have copied and paste the Read first post for your review. 

Welcome to the “Ask a CAF Recruiter” section. The members tagged as “CAF Recruiter” are official Canadian Armed Forces recruiters. They will identify themselves with their rank, first name and the Forces.ca avatar. In order to best answer questions, there are some rules that need to be adhered to.

This section is for persons who have questions about joining the Canadian Armed Forces, occupations, different enrolment programs, and prerequisites. Much of the information can be found at Forces.ca, or the Recruiting FAQ and wiki section of this site. Before you ask a question, you should be searching the forum or the Forces.ca website for these answers.

We will not answer questions about technical difficulties with the application process, or the website. We will not answer questions about difficulties contacting your recruiting centre or general inquires with regards to your current application or file. These questions can be asked here: http://forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73

Back