• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

medical history

paalerik

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So hey, I saw a psychologist in Québec at age 15 and then a psychologist in Norway at age 18. Was referred to a psychiatrist in Norway at 18 and diagnosed with potential bipolar disorder. Was prescribed Abilify but didn't take it as I was moving back to Québec. Failed my Épreuves anticipées au BAC français.

Attended public CEGEP for a couple of weeks, dropped out, got into a private CEGEP but failed all my classes. Took some time off to work as a barista in a café. Moved to France, finished a BAC général littéraire and started University. Economics at first for a day, then philosophy before a TAGE post BAC and an admission into the Institut Supérieur de Gestion, a business school while taking philosophy classes for a year. Was getting harassed by a girl I had met on Tinder and the police wasn't doing anything about it so I moved back to Norway and studied drama. Was harassed by the the Tinder woman again and went to see the police, they didn't even bother with an investigation. Was late 20% of my classes and got kicked out with a written warning. Moved back to Québec and tried a law certificate. After a couple of months I was asked not to come back to campus, was arrested, spent some time in jail at RDP, was evaluated by a psychiatrist, broke my conditions, was evaluated by another psychiatrist and got a NCR verdict. Had to undergo Abilify treatment with a PEP program at my local university affiliated hospital and no formal diagnosis was put forward, except from psychosis, possible mood disorder and 133 IQ. Was liberated from the RBMD in Québec after 3 years and moved to RDL to study at public CEGEP, a documentary program.

Currently looking for a career and figured military could be a fit since I speak 3 languages fluently, understand some school level german and basic japanese. Can read cyrillic alphabet and attended spanish-english school in Costa Rica. I'm 6 feet 4 and 1/2 inches and weigh 240 pounds. I'm not muscular at the moment but did a lot of sports growing up, was a soccer goalie, a defensive hockey player, a medalled skier, freestyle snowboarder, mountain biker, BMX enthusiast and used to draw a lot and write short poems when bored. I dreamed of being an architect at 12 and then a lawyer at around 16. Never got there because I didn't really try hard enough at school.

Was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome by a psychologist in Québec but then lost the diagnosis later on with a French psychiatrist.

Also, I might have a light mood disorder, such as cyclothymia. Scored 133 on an English WAIS-IV and 147 on a French WAIS-IV. When I did the Wonderlic I got 24 out of 50 points, 62 nd percentile, good enough to be a secretary, I was also tested in the Norwegian military and got 4 ou 9 points in Alment Emnenivå. The minimum required to be sent to war...

Last edited:
A few observations, none of which are intended to be harsh.

You have laid out a complex history that nobody here is going to be able to give you an opinion on.

Everyone gets to apply, not everyone gets to join.

It's prudent to have a Plan B.

Because you potentially have bipolar disorder, have Aspergers syndrome, kicked out of school and appear to have significant learning disabilities, did something severe enough to get jail time, got a Not Criminally Responsible verdict which is what people with mental illness get, had psychosis, have a mood disorder.

That's a lot on your plate. Even just one of those issues would very potentially be a terrible time in the military. You have half a dozen.

If it's something you're serious about doing then goto a recruiting office and tell them what you said here and see if you would pass the medical standards.

I believe a medical hypothesis should stay a hypothesis. It’s not very reliable!

As for the learning disability I don’t really get it? It was more of the opposite… School always seemed to easy for me…

Added to that I was victime of harassment. The case made up by my University was completely fabricated!

You are arguing points on a private website which has no contact with official recruiting.

Members are as free to offer their opinion as you were to ask for input.

After a couple of months I was asked not to come back to campus, was arrested, spent some time in jail at RDP, was evaluated by a psychiatrist, broke my conditions, was evaluated by another psychiatrist and got a NCR verdict.

You don't get arrested, spend time in custody, get psych evaluations and an NCR verdict, for trespassing.

I believe a medical hypothesis should stay a hypothesis. It’s not very reliable!
There's a difference between a "hypothesis" and diagnosis.

School always seemed to easy for me…
Except for the attendance and 'sticking it out' parts it seems.

You may have trouble getting granted a security clearance based on some of that. I strongly suggest having a backup plan.

I see you were tested by the Norwegian Armed Forces...did you do military service there?

I also see you have an interest in medicine...I think with all you've indicated here, you'll have issues with medical school - both getting in and staying there, since you've been kicked out of or placed on probation in a few places. You need an undergraduate degree in North America to get into medical school, so those issues will rear their heads on application...and if you have an underlying mood disorder, especially bipolar disease, the stressors and lack of sleep that is inherent in later stages of medical training will likely exacerbate those, plus you seem to have an issue actually getting to school or work on time, which will cause further issues. Lastly, having a criminal record with an NCR verdict would be something hanging over your head when you apply for your license to practice...since that has to be disclosed literally every year from when you apply for the initial one and all subsequent licenses thereafter, at least in my jurisdiction.

While there are a few on this site who know whether you are medically eligible or not, they cannot and will not provide definitive direction. It would be up to a Medical Officer to review your file.

That said - you mentioned being found NCR in a trial - this is very serious issue. Here's a quick quote:

According to section 16 of the Criminal Code:

"No person is criminally responsible for an act committed or an omission made while suffering from a mental disorder that rendered the person incapable of appreciating the nature and quality of the act or omission or of knowing that it was wrong."

For all the times it is attempted, NCR is rarely successful as a legal defence. Few defendants truly meet the criteria, and is only useful for those who have been very seriously mentally ill. Taking it further, it is hard to conceive of a situation wherein a person who is/was so ill as to be unaware of their actions, incapable of controlling them, and unable to understand the act(s) are wrong/illegal would be a good fit for a military environment.

Good luck moving forward with Plan B! Always keep a Plan C in the back pocket, just in case.

I see you were tested by the Norwegian Armed Forces...did you do military service there?

I also see you have an interest in medicine...I think with all you've indicated here, you'll have issues with medical school - both getting in and staying there, since you've been kicked out of or placed on probation in a few places. You need an undergraduate degree in North America to get into medical school, so those issues will rear their heads on application...and if you have an underlying mood disorder, especially bipolar disease, the stressors and lack of sleep that is inherent in later stages of medical training will likely exacerbate those, plus you seem to have an issue actually getting to school or work on time, which will cause further issues. Lastly, having a criminal record with an NCR verdict would be something hanging over your head when you apply for your license to practice...since that has to be disclosed literally every year from when you apply for the initial one and all subsequent licenses thereafter, at least in my jurisdiction.
I just did my sesjon day! Failed to show motivation and wasn’t offered anything…

While there are a few on this site who know whether you are medically eligible or not, they cannot and will not provide definitive direction. It would be up to a Medical Officer to review your file.

That said - you mentioned being found NCR in a trial - this is very serious issue. Here's a quick quote:

"No person is criminally responsible for an act committed or an omission made while suffering from a mental disorder that rendered the person incapable of appreciating the nature and quality of the act or omission or of knowing that it was wrong."

For all the times it is attempted, NCR is rarely successful as a legal defence. Few defendants truly meet the criteria, and is only useful for those who have been very seriously mentally ill. Taking it further, it is hard to conceive of a situation wherein a person who is/was so ill as to be unaware of their actions, incapable of controlling them, and unable to understand the act(s) are wrong/illegal would be a good fit for a military environment.

Good luck moving forward with Plan B! Always keep a Plan C in the back pocket, just in case.

I was thinking Montpellier. I react well to stress. I got in already but chose to stay a bit longer in Qc.

Well I was told I was psychotic. I don’t believe it but that’s just my opinion…

Well I was told I was psychotic. I don’t believe it but that’s just my opinion…
I've talked to a number of psychotic people that didn't believe they were...in fact, did a couple times today.

I just did my sesjon day! Failed to show motivation and wasn’t offered anything…
Just Devil's advocate here, if you failed to show enough motivation to not be enrolled in a conscriptive Armed Force, what makes you think you'll show up with any in Recruit School for the CAF?

Back