• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Rejection: How to Appeal? [Merged]

Chimo I had a simaler experience only over xmas, the medic thought I had a problem in my corotid artery, I had to go have a dopler done on my neck, it came back a sinus arythmia (my heart rate changes as I breath) no big deal, it still only took 17 days to turn around and come back over the xmas lve period, best of luck

Chimo the same thing happened to me recently... at the CFRC my urine was positive for both blood and protein.. went to my family doctor and did a blood and urine test, and everything came back normal... this is the second time I came back positive for protein in my urine (at the CFRC) to latter have it come back clean/normal at my local hospital.

Hi everyone,

I've been reading a bunch on here about people waiting a while for their medical stuff to come back and it seems that if everything is fine, it should clear relatively quickly.  I applied, wrote the CFAT, did an interview, did all the medical stuff which went well, and have been waiting since the beginning of May '07.  I've called a number of times and have been told that my air factor is the only thing holding up my application.  I applied for AEC as a DEO.  I am just curious if this is a normal waiting period for an air factor, or should I be worried?  As of today, that's almost 5.5 months.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Ok, So Back a couple of months ago, I ran into some trouble in my medical, I don't know how this happend but they said I cant take medication into the feild, Well im fine with that because I dont need medication what so ever,

I think possibly my doctor may have made a mistake or some one at the head office may have made a mistake because I received a letter in return saying im not elligable for the canadian forces,

I want to know If its possible to appeal this or what, because I want to make a life long career out of this.
Im positive I scored good on the apititude because i got high enough to be weapons tech and My interveiwer said he really liked me and will hold me in high regaurds for selection...
So can any one out there offer me any good advice?

smoke said:
Ok, So Back a couple of months ago, I ran into some trouble in my medical, I don't know how this happend but they said I cant take medication into the feild, Well im fine with that because I dont need medication what so ever,

I think possibly my doctor may have made a mistake or some one at the head office may have made a mistake because I received a letter in return saying im not elligable for the canadian forces,

I want to know If its possible to appeal this or what, because I want to make a life long career out of this.
Im positive I scored good on the apititude because i got high enough to be weapons tech and My interveiwer said he really liked me and will hold me in high regaurds for selection...
So can any one out there offer me any good advice?

Have you talked with your doctor to see what happened, or are you assuming this is what happened to you; the error that is..

dileas

tess

I think my doctor may have marked I need a dark room if i get a migrain, which by the way I havn't had in 2 years lol,

I think its entirley accidental.  I jus want to knw If its ever salvageable, I dont want to be screwed out of a lifetime career because of  a peice of paper.

smoke said:
I think my doctor may have marked I need a dark room if i get a migrain, which by the way I havn't had in 2 years lol,

I think its entirley accidental.  I jus want to knw If its ever salvageable, I dont want to be screwed out of a lifetime career because of  a peice of paper.

Talk to your doctor, ask him first.  He is the professional, and you should tell him all of your details, so that he can make an acurate report.

Without that, what can you appeal with?  Your word?

dileas

tess

Find out why they rejected you
Get the MD to clarify his diagnosis / get a second opinion if he won't

they rejected me because they think I need to take medications,

I used to take like ritalin back in 99/00 thats about it.

Also I left a message with 2 different medical guys at the cfrc in toronto, mabye they will call me back if not im calling back monday.

smoke said:
they rejected me because they think I need to take medications,

Did you ever stop and asked youself why they think that ?

smoke said:
what are you insinuating?

I'm not insinuating anything

I'm saying that the CF medical staff did not just dream this up.  If they were told that you need medication by your Civilian doctor, you have to go talk to him/her.  You can call the CFRC all you want, they will require paperwork from your civilian doctor so thats where you should start.

well, where i think it went wrong is when my doctor asked me if  I needed a dark room for a head ache, and I told her, I usually just go to bed ect, I think thats where it went wrong. And she marked down I need a dark room or something and theyre counting that as medication?

Im just trying to get  past this, and I understand it may take time.

Aslo I would like to know from they if they will take another paper or note from my doc

smoke said:
well, where i think it went wrong is when my doctor asked me if  I needed a dark room for a head ache, and I told her, I usually just go to bed ect, I think thats where it went wrong. And she marked down I need a dark room or something and theyre counting that as medication?

Im just trying to get  past this, and I understand it may take time.

Aslo I would like to know from they if they will take another paper or note from my doc

Dont forget that going to bed for a headache in the field isn't always (hmmm pretty much never actually) a possibility. 

Max

smoke:

Everybody here has already given you good advice - to sum it up for you - go back to your civilian doctor and ask your questions.

Nobody here can do anything more than give you that advice.  I suggest you take it, and get going on it.

Smoke, understand the RMO (recruiting medical officers) go by what was written by the physician assistant / senior medical technician on the medical that was done on you and told by you; but especially what YOUR doctor has written on letters given to you by the CFRC medical staff about medical conditions that have to be clarified to ensure that you are medically fit for the Canadian Forces.

What would happen if stated medical condition occurred while you were, for example,  on extended patrol in Afghanstan / on ship in the middle of the Persian Gulf / flight crew on a humanitarian mission etc, etc etc?

From what was posted by you, you said you were on ritalin one time: ADD / ADHD? - Has this condition resolved? If so, when? Do you still require this medication? Do you still have ADD or ADHD?

- do you still have migraines? If so, are they incapacitating? Do you require bedrest until it clears? Do you require a darkroom until it clears? Do you require any 'hardcore' medications (eg tylenol 3's; emitrix, etc)? etc; etc; etc

Questions such as these should be answered clearly by your doctor and you; and then, only then will the recruiting medical office (alone) be able to make its final judgement on your medical fitness.

This has gone on long enough.

Smoke, you have your answer. Go see your doctor.

Locked.

Milnet.ca Staff

my medical was sent to ott July 14th its now Aug 17th and still waiting any one still waiting  does any one no if past drug use would disqualify you

ssFOX said:
my medical was sent to ott July 14th its now Aug 17th and still waiting any one still waiting  does any one no if past drug use would disqualify you

As Cdn Aviator has pointed out the question has been addressed time and time again. Take some time to read the Forum Guidelines and the Recuiting Forums. You will find many answers to your questions.

Milnet.Ca Staff

Back