• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medieval Total War II

Oh Ya,

Got the original one way back on the first release, and now I have II.

Addictive series.

dileas

tess

I have MTWII but its on standby. When the code monkeys fix a few of its problems Ill probably dust it off again. For now though I'm playing the Europa Barbarorum mod for Rome: Total War and its the balls.

Anybody else find that restrictive camera angle annoying in the real time battles?

MTW2 is the shit. Some issues that need to  be resolved (eg, allies randomly turning on you, or the Byzantines sending an army all across Europe just to wage war on Portgal at random), but the gameplay is solid. Almost all the issues are AI in nature...

Alright,

This is what I need...

Lets get a night where we can battle!  I will host the i.p. or we can head over to gamespy.

Let's do it.

dileas

tess

You guys are all geeks and need to get a life!  After all, "Squad Leader" is where it's at ;)

Hauptmann Scharlachrot said:
You guys are all geeks and need to get a life!  After all, "Squad Leader" is where it's at ;)

Oh ya, bet you my gigabyte is bigger than yours!

dileas

tess

The good thing about Squad Leader (and games like it) is that "twitching" is not considered a benefit when playing.  It's all about cursing those dice you throw (12, anyone?).

:D

I play it over virtual private networking via hamachi. its a great game

Some single player issues tho. My biggest issue, is say, sending an army into a battle with an enemy, then when I get to the battle map...well, Lo and behold, they are atop a mountian with NO WAY up, forcing me to quit and loose the battle.

I do love the two features that most RTS lack, stamina and Morale....too many RTS's have you running infantry around in circles forever, or sending a single rifleman to face off against a pile of tanks and laser pods or somthing. And of course, he will, without failure, obey the order to run at them every time...at least MTII has your peasents run away when they are being fired into their flanks with muskets and have english knights bearing down at them. </rant about most RTS's>

great game, and if anyone wants to play over VPN(its like having your own LAN, but you can do it over the internet) IM me and I'll tell ya how to set it up.

Hauptmann Scharlachrot said:

Steel Panther is where it is at... old.. but still good.

Back