• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Memo to U.S.: It's called snow

57Chevy

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
Memo to U.S.: It's called snow  ;D

Montreal winter is sweeping the planet.

There have been paralyzing blizzards in New York, Boston, London and Paris. There have been freak snow storms in Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia.

Scientists in Atlanta are now studying snow for the first time trying to determine what it is, where it comes from and whether it has any possible use.  :rofl:

:snowman: article link :snowman:

Snow has struck 49 states, including Texas and Hawaii. Over 70 per cent of the U.S. land surface is reportedly under snow -though it might as well be under water the way they handle it. A Montreal friend drove through North Carolina on Thursday where a dusting of snow had every restaurant in town sealed shut.

New York City was so freaked out by its Christmas storm the mayor just declared a "state of emergency" over an eight-inch snowfall. New York doesn't even have snowplows, just garbage trucks with plows that get stuck in the snow instead of removing it. That means they can't collect garbage either, so many families were stranded indoors for five days at Christmas -with their garbage.

Europe was also overwhelmed by a few centimetres of snow during Christmas, its major airports shut for days. Where will winter strike next -Mexico? Panama? Will there be tropical snowstorms on the equator, or in the Sahara desert?

Article continues at link....

Snow in Vancouver!

Chilled Vancouver commuters faced their second day of winter hell today, as an additional ¼ centimeter of the peculiar white stuff fell, bringing the lower mainland to its knees and causing millions of dollars worth of damage to the marijuana crops. Scientists suspect that the substance is some form of frozen water particles and experts from Saskatchewan are being flown in. With temperatures dipping to the almost but not quite near the zero mark, Vancouverites were warned to double insulate their lattes before venturing out.

Vancouver police recommended that people stay inside except for emergencies, such as running out of espresso or biscotti to see them through Vancouver's most terrible storm to date. The local Canadian Tire reported that they had completely sold out of fur-lined sandals.

Drivers were cautioned to put their convertible tops up, and several have been shocked to learn that their SUV's actually have four wheel drive, although most have no idea how to use it.

Weary commuters faced soggy sushi, and the threat of frozen breast implants. Although Dr. John Blatherwick, of the Coastal Health Authority reassured everyone that most breast implants were perfectly safe to 25 below, down-filled bras are flying off the shelves at Mountain Equipment Co-op.

"The government has to do something," snarled an angry Trevor Warburton.  "I didn't pay $850,000 for my one bedroom condo so I could sit around and be treated like someone from Toronto ."

I'll just wait for the memo from the Global Warming theorists that it's not actually snow.  :pop:

Journeyman said:
I'll just wait for the memo from the Global Warming theorists that it's not actually snow.  :pop:

Dandruff of the gods?  ;D

George Wallace said:
You do realize that this is Radio Chatter....
As are most claims of Global Warming's causality  -- the response is fitting.

Back