• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military acceptance rates

symm

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been wanting to join the military and soon I will turn 16 . Can anybody tell me about qualifications and about acceptance rates because I am scared that I will sign up and not get accepted. Thank You!

symm said:
I have been wanting to join the military and soon I will turn 16 . Can anybody tell me about qualifications and about acceptance rates because I am scared that I will sign up and not get accepted. Thank You!
Don't get fixated on acceptance rates when deciding whether or not to submit your application. Even for occupations that accept only a small number of applicants per year, the best people still make it through. Just do your research for the occupation(s) you want to apply for, take the courses you need, work hard to attain the highest scores that you can (both in school and on the Canadian Forces Aptitude Test) and, have at it!

You are never going to know for sure unless you take the chance. Don't be that person who comes on here in 20 years saying how much you wished you had applied when you first wanted to...

symm said:

Your qualification into the specific job you want will depend on your CFAT (aptitude test), medical, etc. If the trade you want requires any specialized education on the civilian side, the Recruiter will explain that and/or I believe that info is still outlined with trade descriptions on the forces.ca website. (I haven’t visited the site in quite some time, so not sure if formatting or organization has changed.)

As was mentioned above, I wouldn’t concern yourself with acceptance rates. Different trades have different stats and when their hiring occurs during a typical fiscal year. (Some trades are consistently hiring, some are put on hold during different periods.)

You’re 16. I’d recommend focusing on finishing high-school, select a couple of jobs within the military which appeal to you, but have a backup plan (such as post-secondary education), and gain some life experience in case the military doesn’t work out.

Good luck!

symm said:
I am scared that I will sign up and not get accepted. Thank You!

All good advice!

Just think where we’d be if people didn’t conquer their fears and step into the unknown.

My suggestion would be (in addition to everything mentioned already) to volunteer.  Find something that you would enjoy doing and offer your assistance.  Walking dogs from the shelter?  Food bank? Helping seniors? Coaching sports?

You may learn a thing or two about yourself and you’ll be giving back. It also wouldn’t hurt your application.

Good luck!

Back