• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Experience Specifics(ROTP)

Trackman

Inactive
Reaction score
I realize I should be asking my local recruiting centre this question, but it just came to me now and I'd rather not wait until Monday :D.  And also, I was just accepted for my ROTP application as a Signals Officer so this question is moderately relevant at this point(more relevant than if I were not accepted at least). 

When CANFORGEN states that an applicant must have 2 years experience full time, how will this apply to an ROTP applicant.  It doesn't make sense to me for a 3rd year student with incomplete occupational training to attempt at joining.  So I'm assuming it will be once all the MOC training is done?  Thanks for all replies in advance.

The two-year clock does not start until you are completely classification qualified, or trade qualified for NCMs  --  (even if you're a real, real good a 3rd-year student  ;)  )

Haha well the comment at the end made me laugh even though what came before that wasn't what I was hoping to hear... even though I was pretty sure that's what I would hear.  Appreciate the response though, thanks.

Journeyman said:
The two-year clock does not start until you are completely classification qualified, or trade qualified for NCMs  --  (even if you're a real, real good a 3rd-year student  ;)  )

Actually its 2 years from when you joined. Most NCM's are trade qualified by that time.. ROTP would be once your *done your* program.

edit **

There was an exception made for the first intake for CSOR because of the numbers required for stand-up. Since then, CANSOFCOM requires two years from being qualified.

Question:
Can reservists join as assaulters?
http://www.jtf2.forces.gc.ca/ic-ci/index-eng.asp
"Special Operations Assaulters (SOA) are personnel of the Regular Force (Ref F) "

The other ones all mention reserve.

look around the site and you will find this  "Special Operations Assaulters (SOA)Special Operations Assaulters are responsible for conducting a wide variety of Special Operations and counter-terrorism tasks such as hostage rescue operations, special operations patrols, surveillance, offensive actions, and close personal protection. In order to be fully prepared to work in all types of environments when deployed on operation, JTF 2 personnel train extremely hard in world-class facilities.

In order to be ready to carry out their taskings, Special Operations Assaulters must possess physical strength and stamina as well as mental endurance. They must function well in team settings, demonstrate maturity, assume responsibility well beyond that normally expected of them in a traditional CF role, be able to exercise integrity and honesty, and be emotionally stable.

The SOA category is open to Regular and Reserve Force volunteers of both genders belonging to any MOS and may range in rank from Pte/AB to WO/PO1, and Lt/SLt to Capt/Lt(N). Sgt and WO will have to relinquish their rank to the rank of MCpl/MS upon completion of the Special Operation Assaulter Course (SOAC). Regular Force personnel must be MOS qualified and have a minimum of two (2) years of service. Reservists must be MOS qualified, have a minimum of three (3) years service, and be prepared to complete a component transfer to the Reg F and commit to an initial four (4) year period of service on completion of the Special Operations Assaulter Course (SOAC). Reserve Force officers must be fully MOS qualified to Reg F standards and are required to forward a resume and a copy of their Primary Reserve Record Resume (PRRR) to the JTF 2 Recruiting NCO prior to applying for a SOA position in order to screen for eligibility. All applicants require a minimum medical category of 322225.

Although Base or Wing PSOs (B/WPSO) screen CF volunteers on a continuous basis, a CANFORGEN is promulgated each year that announces the cut-off date for applications"

Back