• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Police Assessment Centre (MPAC)

• Thread starter Thread starter MPwannabee
  • Start date Start date
Dissident said:
So rumor has it that reservist will have to do the MPAC, including members already in.

If this is true, any idea what format this will take?

Do you mean reservists going into reg force?  If so, then yes.  I don't know about doing the MPAC for getting into reserves, maybe someone else will shed some light on that?

Dissident said:
So rumor has it that reservist will have to do the MPAC, including members already in.

If this is true, any idea what format this will take?
From what I've seen to date, that will only be those reservists who want to take the Reg Force QL3 to gain the specially appointed status of Sec 156.  The documentation I've seen with regards to this states that all res MP wanting to take this route must take the MPAC, no matter how much time in, previous experience or their current rank.

OK, watch and shoot. I just had a briefing about a coming change in training where reservist could attain 156 by doing reg force QL3 in blocks, plus doing some OJT and home study package.

Just found out i passed the MPAC!!
It was a long process to CT from the reserves but well worth the wait

Anyone know what the dates are for the next QL3??

I believe the next starts Feb '09, not sure what your chances of hitting that one are though.

Hey guys, Im thinking bout putting my OT in to MP after my 5's in aug, just curious as to what happens if one were to thunder in the MPAC, not that i'm too concerned but i hear they turn away a lot of people. I have looked through the forums with no luck, any help would be great.

As in, would we just be RTU, or would we have to choose another trade.

My friend was not selected after going through MPAC last year, and he just returned to his normal job. They don't OT you to MP unless you pass the MPAC.

Does anyone know when the next mpac will be? Just told i would be going but no idea when. How does the selection process go in mpac? They said if I get selected I will be considered a skilled applicant and that I wouldn't have to go through all the training in Borden because of my related job experience, thats if I make it passed BMQ. Does this mean I'll have more time to come back to my family or will I have to stay in Borden for the full 20 weeks. I apologize for so many questions just a little nervous about the whole process.

I think there's at least a dozen threads on MPAC, you might want to use the search function as I'm sure most (if not all) of your questions have been answered here.

ds21 said:
Thanks for the advise. But does anyone know when the last mpac was?

Reply #137 of this thread.  Don't take 'advise' very well do you?

HH and DA

Well there are 3 results from MPAC

1) Pass  :)
2) Temp. Unsuitable  :(
3) Perm. Unsuitable  :o

If you are temp. unsuitable you can re-attempt MPAC after a waiting period.

perm. unsuitable you will not be an mp (they found trust/loyalty issues)

Hope that helps

I am an MP that has obviously passed the MPAC and I have recently made an application under the Privacy Act for DND to release any and all information regarding my MPAC assessment to me.  I have received correspondence back stating that they are processing my request and I expect to get it back very soon.

That being said, if you want to know what they said about you with regards to your MPAC assessment than just make a request under the privacy act and you can find out.  Furthermore, at a cost of five dollars per request you can make a request under the Access to Information Act to find out the marking scheme for MPAC and any and all information pertaining to it.

Just google the topics for the forms and you are good to go but be very specific and comprehensive in your requests so you get the maximum possible information.  The ability to make these types of requests is your god given right as a Canadian should you choose to excercise them.

Hope this helps

Out of curiosity, what makes you want to find out what was said at MPAC?

You obviously passed it, so why the inquiry?

I know it's your right and everything... just curious... :)

Jingo said:
Out of curiosity, what makes you want to find out what was said at MPAC?

You obviously passed it, so why the inquiry?

I know it's your right and everything... just curious... :)

Well the MPAC is essentially a test...I'm not just satisfied with knowing that I passed a test, I want to know how well I did on any given test...I would like to know if I got a 50% or 100%, wouldn't most people?

rocksteady said:
wouldn't most people?

I doubt it. Most people in that kind of situation are just glad they passed and moved on, in my experience anyways.

I never much bothered to read the evaluation forms for any of my checkrides except for the box that says Pass/fail.

does anyone have any ideas as to when the next mpac dates are? im not getting anything from my recruiter...

Yeah in June, I was told June 1st but then during my interview I was told June 30th...so pretty much any day in between that lol.  :salute:

I've been told June 1 a few times by my file manager and that's about all he could tell me other than they haven't forgotten about me and that I should be getting a call when its time

Back