• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Police education requirement

SHONIT123

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there,
I was wondering if The Law Enforcement Studies Diploma offered at JIBC will fill the requirements for becoming an Military Police NCM for Regular force,also would the CAF be willing to pay for my education or is this something that i would have to fund myself? I'll provide a link below
http://www.jibc.ca/programs-courses/schools-departments/school-criminal-justice-security/justice-public-safety-division/law-enforcement-studies-diploma

Thanks!

I'm not sure about the first, but the MP branch does not offer an NCM entry plan which subsidizes education.

If you have not already, I would encourage you to go to your local recruiting centre, as well as look at any local reserve MP platoon which might be local to you.

i went to my local Reg force recruiting center and they weren't sure if the collage would fulfill the requirements either, and i can't seem to get in touch with my local MP Platoon( 12 MP platoon, Richmond BC)

SHONIT123 said:
Hi there,
I was wondering if The Law Enforcement Studies Diploma offered at JIBC will fill the requirements for becoming an Military Police NCM for Regular force,also would the CAF be willing to pay for my education or is this something that i would have to fund myself? I'll provide a link below
http://www.jibc.ca/programs-courses/schools-departments/school-criminal-justice-security/justice-public-safety-division/law-enforcement-studies-diploma

Thanks!

I don't know if this is much help, but according a a co-worker (20+ years as a MP) they won't even look at you unless you have the police foundation course from some college/university.

yeah i did find that out from phoning and speaking to some guys but i just want to know about this program before i drop 12,000 buck on this

The recruiter wasn't in last Wednesday, if you left a message that would be why you haven't been called back. I'm away for a couple of weeks so I won't be in either for the next little while, but if you don't get a call back by next week, feel free to reach by pm on here. Our recruiter is pretty awesome, but we all get busy.

Sgt Duquette
12 MP Pl

Good day SHONIT123,

In the Province of British Columbia the following programs/courses and institution's of study are approved education for the Military Police NCM occupation as listed from the Director General Military Personnel.

Institution                                      Program/Course title

Camosun College                            Arts & Criminology - Univ. Transfer Program
University of the Fraser Vally          Criminal Justice 
Kwantlen University College            Criminology Diploma
North Island College                        Criminology Diploma
College of New Caledoina                Criminology
Malaspina University-College            2yr Diploma Program - Criminology
Douglas College                              2yr Diploma Program - Criminology

Back