• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Police Reserve Training Requirements

PResO

Reaction score
Does anyone know the current courses required and training length for Military Police Reserve non-commissioned in British Columbia?

It's my understanding that there is the basic training course possibly on weekends (4 weeks?), the driving course (2 days?), and the trade training (3 weeks?). The army common phase is not done.

I'm trying to find out the exact courses required for MP Reserve and how long each one is (course name, duration, and delivery method). I can take a few weeks off from work but not a few months. There seems to be no current information out there and I assume the training is different than regular MP.

In general, Reserve basic training is 30 to 35 days if you do it full time. It's something like 12 weekends if you do it part time. Friday to Sunday.

The reserve MP soldier qualification (MPSQ) is 2 weeks straight. The MP QL3 course is 3 weeks straight. Units will likely try and run them back to back, so 5 weeks straight.

No sure specifics for what's currently being done in BC.

In general, Reserve basic training is 30 to 35 days if you do it full time. It's something like 12 weekends if you do it part time. Friday to Sunday.

The reserve MP soldier qualification (MPSQ) is 2 weeks straight. The MP QL3 course is 3 weeks straight. Units will likely try and run them back to back, so 5 weeks straight.

No sure specifics for what's currently being done in BC.

Thanks for the information. That is most useful.

About 1 month plus another 1 month or so doesn't sound too bad. Definitely doable unlike most of the officer trades requiring months upon months year after year. The max that I could take off work is about 1 month or so a year.

Back