• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MMA Anyone?

heheh, comes on here in an hour.

At least you can catch it on friday and sunday

Sh0rtbUs said:
I can relate  ;D About how much would I be looking at? (Roughly)

What, to train in wrestling?  It's more or less a thing you gotta learn through highschool and university but there's wrestling clubs you could join.  It'd vary club by club and usually if you take part in a club a lot of tournies are done out of province.

Wow ..

(spoilers about tonights ep Jason if you wanna be surprised don't read it!

======
I can't believe that didn't go 3 rounds! So long Bobby! How's that karma now huh? Here is my hypothesis about the mystery revived fighter: Nate's ankle is screwed, and Nate being a Light Heavyweight has to go - but now they need someone in the same class to replace him. This rules out Chris Leben (my original guess after they showed the jeans and shoes, cause Chris always wore jeans). Anyhow, who was the one who lost to Bobby? And is also a Light Heavyweight?

This is just conjecture, but my guess is that it's Lodanne Sincaid coming back. I liked him too, I hope I'm right.
=============

To be honest, that match seemed very much a win for Bobby. BUT, after thinking about it, I cant help but think it should have went to 3. Stephan Boner took some nice blows, but his 'in your face' approach really is what won it for him. He kept on Bobby the whole time, and ensured the fight was going at his pace, not Bobby's. Couture pretty much said it all after the 2nd round, "3rd round is yours Stephan, he cant keep the pace for another round." It was a good fight, and to be honest, I wasnt sure who was going down. Stephan had a moment where his equalibrium had taken a rocking, but seemed to regain it by standing off for a few seconds. Stephan almst found himself in a Triangle Choke, but luckily his JJ experience helped him get out of that situation before he was in too deep and Bobby had him. Mind you, both parties fought different styles, but equally as far as progression to damage.

When I learned that Stephan had been trained in Jiu Jitsu by Crosley Gracie, my money went on him immediatly. Stephan has gained my respect, solely for not only calling out one of the strongest Light Heavyweights, showig no fear and going at him with guns blazing, but for keeping his confidence and persistance throughout the entire fight.

Sh0rtbUs said:
When I learned that Stephan had been trained in Jiu Jitsu by Crosley Gracie, my money went on him immediatly. Stephan has gained my respect, solely for not only calling out one of the strongest Light Heavyweights, showig no fear and going at him with guns blazing, but for keeping his confidence and persistance throughout the entire fight.

Definately should have went to 3. Also, I'm interested to see what Bobby says that pisses Dana off and makes him say how he won't let him disrespect him. Nice going Bobby - let's mouth off to the President of the organization you're trying to get a contract for! Even though Dana can't even friggen help it at all, he too thought it should have went 3!

Until now I didn't really look at Stephan too closely. But after hearing a bit of his background, as he went on and on I kept thinking "oh man ... perhaps Bobby is in for more than he thinks" and after seeing that fight - the best fight in the series so far imo, Stephan was a sleeper that really awoke and smashed whoever was neaerby .. Bobby was unfortunately that poor victim.

All the fighters on the show have been put on a gag order on the TUF forums. Seems they've been releasing too much info...

Really?

Aside from Koscheck have you seen anyone else posting there?

Mike Swick, Nathan Quarry, Sam Hoger, Bobby Southworth, and of course Josh Koscheck. I'm sure there are others, these are just the ones I've seen personally. You can easily determine whether the poster is who they claim to be, because TUF has made their names highlighted in blue in the forums, and only the fighters have this.

They're hard to draw out, and usually stick to threads with a lot of traffic. Im not a huge fan of the TUF forums anyways...

image_of_the_week-tony_fryklund.jpg

God I love MMA.

I don't think a band aid would quite cut it (No puns intended)  :D

I have been an avid marital artist for 18 years...I'm aging myself...and have trained with some of the worlds finest. I don't know exactly how far Petawawa is from Ottawa but I do know that if you are looking for somewhere to train, you may want to check out Therien Jiu-Jitsu. It is ran by a fellow named John Therien and he is the head of the World Kobudo Federation. Basically, what the federation is about is that they do not descriminate against any martial art or fighting style, anyone is welcome into thier organization and they have vast seminars around the world with only the very best from every style to teach at these seminars. Anyways...John Therien also has Jean Yves Theriault on board with him. Jean Yves is also known as "The Iceman" and is the 25 time World Kickboxing Champion. He trains out of Therien Jiu Jitsu's dojo in Ottawa. I know that the dojo has about 5 or 6 other dojo's in the area so there may be one even closer to Petawawa. If you are interested, let me know and I can give you his contact information. Jean Yves is also very open minded. I am not a strong kicker, never have been but I love using my hands, he taught me how to box and simply omiitted the kicks and changed a few things for me. I guess it worked because I have yet to loose a fight...knock on wood!
Also, I can assure you that if it's Jiu-Jitsu, or any type of ground fighting that you are looking for, you won't be disappointed with John Therien's school. His seminars, which are held in Hull, Quebec mostly, have had martials artists such as The Gracie's. I do not know specifically if it was Hoyce or George or which one, hate to admit it but I wasn't interested in training with him at the time but he was there when I was.
If you're intereseted, let me know. I will get the contact info for you.

Bojangles

bojangles, what are the prices roughly? And are you paying per class, or a series of classes?

I don't know thier prices unfortunately but I can get you contact information for you so you can ask them all those questions. They normally have a monthly or a yearly rate. Any worthwhile martial arts club should allow you to drop in and try a class first before having to commit to anything.

Bojangles

That would be great, thanks a lot. You can send via PM or just post it here, I watch both.

There are 6 locations so you can decide which one is most convenient for you.
Vanier (613) 746-5402 (This is the home club that Jean Yves and John Therien teach out of)
Ottawa (613) 725-5577
Stittsville (613) 831-3622
Chesterville (613) 448-1233
Manotick (613) 692-2003
Gatineau (819) 663-5777

Bojangles

Anyone seen the commercials for the next TUF?

The way the voice says "he's back" and then it shows Koscheck looking over to his right with a surprised look..

Ahh... I wish it was Lodune but it's looking more and more like it's Chris

I'm hoping for Chris...I REALLY want to see him KO Koscheck. Josh will sh*t his pants if its Chris...

Has anyone watched the Royce Gracie vs. Kazushi Sakuraba match on PRIDE? They call him the "Gracie Hunter" for a reason... If my memory serves me, it went 5 rounds before Gracie had the towel thrown in.  ::)

He's gone after big names such as Paul Herrera, Conan Silveira, Vernon White, Guy Mezger, Carlos Newton (<-- from Newmarket, Ont), Allan Goes, Vitor Belfort, Royler, Ryan, Royce and Renzo Gracie predominantly on PRIDE. I've only seen him on UFC Japan. Pretty much all wins, his record is 16-8 and 1 draw (I've only seen his wins).

Its an amazing match if you're into submission wrestling.

Back