• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Monthly Pay after deductions - Questions [Merged]

Yes, it is paid, just like any other military service.

Youll be starting on a recruits salary, which is 78 dollars a day, I believe

Ok...sounds great...
anyway i'm not signing up for the pay and I don't think anybody in the Forces do it for the money...

:salute:

Cheers

Boogilywoo you just cost the army.ca beer fund $78.00 ( at least)   ;D

Just kidding Dark Avenger yeah you do get paid, and don't worry most Reservists don't do it for the money (some just think they do). There are better paying P/T jobs out there, but if this is for you then you'll find it can be more rewarding than being a latte technician just in other ways.

As I said i'm not joining for the paycheck...
i want to be in the military since i'm 7 y.o...when i've seen from my eyes a military deployment i'm my small hometown...the 22nd regiment was deploying because of the Oka crisis in 1990. A couple of days later my father bring me to the temporary HQ where all the vehicles were parked...and a armour officer offered me to "visit" A Coyote... it was THE moment i knew i wanted to be in the military...

Now at 23, it took me 3 years to really decide...so here i am now...a Physical test away to be in the CF!

Cheers!

My question is, why do people always ask me if I get paid? Where do people get the idea that military personnel aren't paid? BAH!!

AoD71 said:
Don't you have to pay for boarding tho? ???

I'm presuming you mean Rations and Quarters here, yes you do. There should be plenty of relevant info on this elsewhere on the site, try a quick search.

Then again maybe he means boarding in the Naval sense. Some bean counter at Disneyland on the Rideau taking that nickname too seriously and now telling the NBPs that their job is now a high tech adventure ride a la Pirates of the Caribbean and they have to pay to do it. ::)

Lol, I guess I meant quarters while you are at Basic and if you decide to live on Base.

I'm going to BMQ on the 4th of February.  I, like most other people, have bills to pay while I'm there and I was wondering if anyone knows when the first payday would be?  I know that I will get paid on the 15th and the 30th, but if I start of the 4th, when will my first one be?  Thx. ???

Reg Force - Paid at the end of each pay period (IE Paid for the 1st-15th on the 15th, paid for the 16th-30th on the 30th)

Reserve - Paid at the end of the following pay period (IE Paid for the 1st-15th on the 30th, for the 16th-30th on the following 15th.)

The reasoning behind the reserve delay is to allow time for the pay sheets to be entered into the system.

Unless there were any problems with the banking information you provided, assuming you're attending BMQ at St. Jean, you will be paid for the 4th-15th on the 15th. That being said, there may be some problems with your very first pay cheque (Don't quote me either way). If there are however, and ou need to pay bills that can't wait until the problem is corrected on the 30th,  inform your course senior that you need to speak staff concerning a pay-advance, and there shouldn't be any problems (You can quote me on that. If you have bills that absolutely have to be paid, they will sort out any pay problems).

If you start on the 4th, you won't be paid until the 30th. Pay drops are done very early in the month, ie your mid month pay will be entered into the system on the 1st or 2nd of the month and you starting on the 4th will be after the mid month pay drop, therefore your first pay will be for the 4th to the 30th, on the 30th of the month.

Clear as mud?

When I went through everyone got a pay advance on the first day to cover the expenses of everything we needed to buy from the Canex.

But, if u buy and bring everything beforehand, do you need to buy anything at Canex?  Could I just use the money for my bills if I don't need anything?

Izzie said:
But, if u buy and bring everything beforehand, do you need to buy anything at Canex?  Could I just use the money for my bills if I don't need anything?

Things have changed over the years but when i went through there were very specific things we had to buy at Canex.  I would be careful when purchassing things before the course.  As for your bills, a little bit of planning on your part would have saved you alot of worries.  You should have ensured that you had money to cover your bills for a short amount of time in case things got fouled up.  This is a lesson that will serve you well in your career, i suggest you make a note of it.

Hi Izzie,

From what I understand there are some things (specific type of lock for example) that can only be purchased at Canex. I'm sure there are other places, but Canadian Tire or Walmart aren't one of them. I'm planning to have to spend some money on that sort of thing, although I've obtained pretty much everything on 'the list' already.
I'm starting BMQ on the 6th as well, so maybe I'll see you there.

Cheers :cdn:

Well if ur getting there on the 4th of Feb u will be getting a cash advance of 220.00 and good luck with their pay system. I got there in Aug and im married with kids and i still had to pay rations and quarters till the pay got straighten out in NOV...So first few pays were like 440.00 cause they take off ur cash advance....Not its all straightened out and my pay every 2 wks is 910.00 but that is because im married with kids...Some of the ppl from my course went thru hard times not being able to pay their bills on time cause nothing is fast with the military.....Make sure u have all ur important paperwork with u before u head out to ST Jean :cdn:

Izzie said:
I am going to buy everything on my kit list before I go, because I figure that's why they they gave me it.  I could not save money before I went,

You just found a good way to save money...if you buy it when you're there you know it's the right thing you're buying, and will avoid buying things twice. Sure there are some things on the list you can buy in advance, but some (like the locks) I would wait for. There's a lot to be said about experience, and advice from those who have it.

:cdn: well trust me if i were you i would wait....like the combination locks in St jean at the Canex u can buy 3 locks that u will need and they all have the same combo...1 for ur barrack box. 1 for ur green locker and 1 for your gym locker. The Abus lock is also boughten there. Your platoon staff will make u buy things they want in your locker...I ended up rebuying some stuff cause thats what they wanted....So just a few words of advice.... :salute:

Back