• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Moving Reimbursement Before Basic

Acer Syrup

Inactive
Reaction score
I have to be out of my condo on the 30th of April. I am waiting for a moving reimbursement form and I have yet to set up a move with the base orderly room. According to my earlier conversations with the CFRC the typical routine would be pack on the 28th and move on the 29th. Since I haven't heard back from my file manager, I haven't been able to arrange a move, I am getting a little worried... Am I being an unrationale new recruit or are my worries valid? I am trying not to wear down my file managers patience... but I did send her a reminder by e-mail today.

PS My enrollment ceremony is on the 28th (same day as packing) and I live 7hrs round trip from the CFRC... Is this bad?

So I am assuming you already filled out the "Application to store Furniture and Effects" what happens after you sign that is (after the officer also signs) it gets sent to the ASU Traffic that's closest to you. They are the ones that set up your move, not the File managers at the RC.

Once you fill out that form and Traffic has rec'd it they should be contacting you, what stage of that process are you at?

Thanks for the reply, the RC did explain the process. Thats just the thing... I am waiting to sign that form. I have a feeling that Traffic will tell me to go pound sand even if I do sign this form today. Arrange moving for tomorrow??? I think thats a pipe dream. I think I am going to assume the worst and start packing at least.

Your best bet may be to rent a van and a self storage unit.  Keep all your receipts in hope that you may get reimbursed at some point.  It's possible (I did something similar years ago), but it may take awhile and you will have to jump through some hoops.

When they gave you the job offer did they not ask you if you wanted "Long Term Storage"?
When I give out that information I usually arrange for the applicant to come in within the week to sign just that form... Before they get enrolled...

So you are starting Basic Training tomorrow? (1 May)?

If not it's not too late! I have seen moves happen with very short notice.
If so tell St. Jean about your situation right away, they may be able to arrange something!

I hope everything works out!

I was asked if I wanted Long Term Storage. File Manager asked me to call and set it up with her. I did, but a combination of leave and holidays messed everything up. In the end I got the form and called base Furniture and Effects (who wasn't all that excited with me). It just happened to be that the movers were not busy on the 29th. They packed and loaded in one day.

All's well that ends well.  Welcome to the world of CF bureacracy.  Get used to it.  It will be frustrating and frequently seem a**-backward, but in the end, it usually works out. :facepalm:

Back