• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP recruiting 2017/18/19

coyote489

Reaction score
Thought I would start up a new thread for candidates of the 2017/18 MP intake. This way we can get to know one another and ask tons of questions without bombarding other threads.

Coyote489

- mod edit to clean up thread title -

coyote489 said:
Thought I would start up a new thread for candidates of the 2017/18 MP intake. This way we can get to know one another and ask tons of questions without bombarding other threads.

Coyote489
Great idea. Is this for officer or ncm? 

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Ooooh, thanks for reminding me... I'm applying as NCM so I guess we can stick to that, I don't really care but I guess there is a bit of difference between the two

So I was told 32 or so positions left for this year (MP NCM) and 73 for next year. So not too bad. Still curious how many people got to the interviews back in October. I'm sure more than 30. Also, apparently they are doing a selection this week so let's keep our fingers crossed and good luck to all who applied.

cfash said:
Great idea. Is this for officer or ncm? 

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

coyote489 said:
Ooooh, thanks for reminding me... I'm applying as NCM so I guess we can stick to that, I don't really care but I guess there is a bit of difference between the two

If I could make a suggestion; given the many commonalities and small numbers of MPO, it probably wouldn't hurt to have a combined thread.

garb811 said:
If I could make a suggestion; given the many commonalities and small numbers of MPO, it probably wouldn't hurt to have a combined thread.

Agreed. There’s no reason to have separate threads for NCM/Officer in this instance. There won’t be enough contributing users and/or specific interest in this thread to warrant it. You guys will likely cross paths in the mess and on weekends and such even if you aren’t loaded on the same course, so it’s still good to get to know each other.

Roger that,

I kind of figured It'd be for both officer/NCM. I didn't see why not, so it's settled this thread is for all things MP recruiting. Officer or NCM.

Hello all,

First time, long time.

I applied for an NCM MP position in August,2016 and I have successfully completed my medical and interview on Sept 12, 2016 and my references have been called in mid November. Just recently, I have been notified that my file is being reviewed for consideration for MPAC this upcoming February.
Anybody else have any news?

Completed my interview on October 28th.. hoping to hear back this week. Anyone else get any offers yet besides the one on the other thread?

Negative, nothing yet. I to am hoping to hear something before they leave for Christmas break :/

Military Christmas Break usually starts Friday. If you haven't heard anything by now, it's likely you won't hear anything until January.

PuckChaser said:
Military Christmas Break usually starts Friday. If you haven't heard anything by now, it's likely you won't hear anything until January.

Well that's slightly depressing... called CFRC this morning and I'm on competition list still, so looks like I probably won't make it on the January QL3 (with recruit school bypass). Was hoping to hear this week but no such luck as of yet. Hopefully by Friday if I'm lucky. Anyone else hoping to jump on the January course here?

I'm unfortunately still waiting to finish my degree in April 2018. Got called in for medical and interview at the same time for everyone to realize that I do not have my degree yet and that I would not be able to do the interview until I get said degree. My references got called and everything so I don't know if they will have to repeat that again in April but we will see. That's ok with me though, gives me more time at the gym and I just started a supervising position at work.

Good luck to all of you, seems like its a competitive position but awesome to hear about the 73 positions next year (for me that is relevant anyways).

I called my CFRC today too in hopes of catching them before they left for the holidays, since I have not made contact since late October, and they informed me that I have a pending job offer for MP! They informed me that they are just working out the final offer and that I should receive it by either just before the Christmas break or shortly thereafter so I don't know if I'll make the January class... but still pretty damn good news!

Gryphman, that's awesome! Congratulations.

Now just to hear something from my VOT and I'd be happy lol

Just curious if anyone out there has had an offer come down the pipe yet that lives in BC, or even Alberta? Happy holidays everyone, good luck and Thanks for any info!

WEng87 said:
Gryphman, that's awesome! Congratulations.

Now just to hear something from my VOT and I'd be happy lol

Same :( Reading all the posts about people getting their MPAC interviews and I’m here a year into my OT twiddling my thumbs waiting for one.

danteh said:
Same :( Reading all the posts about people getting their MPAC interviews and I’m here a year into my OT twiddling my thumbs waiting for one.

Holy Crap.... a year?  I put mine in at the deadline lol, the academy has been contacting my references and my old supervisors....  just waiting on word on an MPAC. Have you heard anything at all?

My how things have changed. A 'few' years ago when I applied  MP was my 3rd choice.  Was offered a position 3 months after I applied. I decided to wait to for a medic position. It did, phew;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well santa came early this year and I finally got my offer for military police NCM!!!! After 16 months of application they called today. Super pumped and am slated for the January 9th QL3. Thanks to all who answered my million questions.

Back