• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP recruiting 2017/18/19

WestCoastOntarian said:
Just wondering if anyone knows when the next MPAC might be?

Much appreciated!

Anyone have any information?

Also, how long on average does it take to hear back after submitting medical forms? It's been quite a few weeks since my interview and medical exam and I have not heard anything.

WestCoastOntarian said:

Also, how long on average does it take to hear back after submitting medical forms? It's been quite a few weeks since my interview and medical exam and I have not heard anything.

It can take anywhere from 2 weeks to a few months to hear back after your medical/interview. I recall it taking only about 4 weeks for me to get cleared by medical. Just have patience, I remember my file was moving lightning fast when CFRC was dealing with it then when it went to Borden it felt like it fell off the face of the earth. Once it goes to Borden your local recruiting centre will not know what is going on until you are called for the Bii or MPAC. It took 15 months from start to finish for me. Some guys here it took nearly 2 years to get the offer. So like I said, have patience.

WestCoastOntarian said:

I heard the next MPAC / BII is in August.

WestCoastOntarian said:

I was told by my recruiter that due to this new BII/MPAC process the recruiters are still trying to figure things out and has no idea how long the process might take. I was cleared for the interview and medical back in September. In December my previous/current supervisors and references were contacted and three weeks ago they were contacted again for background check. The background investigator advised one of my previous supervisor that I was found competitive and will be moved to the next process but I did not hear from them directly. So its back to waiting for me haha. Like Coyote said, be patient my friend, at the end of the long wait, Im sure you will be rewarded! No news is better than bad news! Good luck!

jm8six_ said:
I heard the next MPAC / BII is in August.

Where did you hear that may I ask?

dammon500 said:
I was told by my recruiter that due to this new BII/MPAC process the recruiters are still trying to figure things out and has no idea how long the process might take. I was cleared for the interview and medical back in September. In December my previous/current supervisors and references were contacted and three weeks ago they were contacted again for background check. The background investigator advised one of my previous supervisor that I was found competitive and will be moved to the next process but I did not hear from them directly. So its back to waiting for me haha. Like Coyote said, be patient my friend, at the end of the long wait, Im sure you will be rewarded! No news is better than bad news! Good luck!

Where did you hear that may I ask?

Ottawa recruit center.

And it's OFFICIAL!!!  I received my VOT Offer Message today.  Have 2 weeks to send acceptance/refusal message, then posted to Denison Armoury on the 16th July.  Hopefully start the QL3 in August...

Super Stoked, and yet a little nervous... especially about losing my rank and spec pay haha.

WEng87 said:
And it's OFFICIAL!!!  I received my VOT Offer Message today.  Have 2 weeks to send acceptance/refusal message, then posted to Denison Armoury on the 16th July.  Hopefully start the QL3 in August...

Super Stoked, and yet a little nervous... especially about losing my rank and spec pay haha.

Congrats. Still waiting for my response :(

Did you ask to get posted? I find it weird that they would post you for like 4 months then potentially post you again after your 3s.

WEng87 said:

Congratulations. How long was your process?

danteh said:
Congrats. Still waiting for my response :(

Did you ask to get posted? I find it weird that they would post you for like 4 months then potentially post you again after your 3s.
As soon as he accepts his VOT and it is processed, he is posted to the BTL.  In the bad old days that meant a quick trip to Borden to sit on PAT Platoon.  Nowadays they post you to the local BTL and get sent to do some OJE. 

garb811 said:
As soon as he accepts his VOT and it is processed, he is posted to the BTL.  In the bad old days that meant a quick trip to Borden to sit on PAT Platoon.  Nowadays they post you to the local BTL and get sent to do some OJE.

So if I am in the same boat does that mean I will be posted out of Trenton most likely then while I wait for my course? I was hoping to do my OJT here.

danteh said:
So if I am in the same boat does that mean I will be posted out of Trenton most likely then while I wait for my course? I was hoping to do my OJT here.
You'll probably be posted to Trenton's BTL and do OJE with 21 MP Flt.

Lean-N-Supreme said:
Congratulations. How long was your process?

process was actually very quick. I put my application in on Oct 6th, the day of the VOT deadline.

WEng87 said:
process was actually very quick. I put my application in on Oct 6th, the day of the VOT deadline.

Congratulations :D

and here I am, being a civvie going  ??? at all the abbreviations

Sephur said:
Congratulations :D

You want to see the abbreviations in my Offer Message, holy heck...  I think if they had to all be spelled out, the message would go from 1 page to 10... haha

The only thing more intimidating than a bunch of acronyms is mariomike pulling out his googlefu to generate a list of links for you to research on your own.  :rofl:

Sephur said:

garb811 said:
The only thing more intimidating than a bunch of acronyms is mariomike pulling out his googlefu to generate a list of links for you to research on your own.  :rofl:

ok, garb.

If you think trying to help a civilian learn CAF acronyms is so hilarious, post removed.

My apologies MM, wasn't meaning that as a slight towards what you provided. 

Just me getting cranky in my old age.  :)

WEng87 said:

By any chance were any of your supervisors CC'ed in the message? I'm expecting to get an offer as well but I don't have access to my DWAN email right now. I might have to start calling all sorts of people Monday to avoid automatic rejection.

Back