• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MPEV'S are here at 2 CER

FEEOP042

Inactive
Reaction score
Great we have them now the longest wait for a veh to enter the CF. The bad thing is that no one is qualified but two operators that are getting ready for they're tour to Kandahar. I went to Ottawa for the vendor trg with the company, but I have been told that I'm not qualified. So I need to waste tax payers money to go to Gagetown to get qualified and do the same trg that I did in Ottawa. The Instructors at the school got the same 5 day training. So I hope that some one has the brains to see that I have the same qualification as them.

FEEOP042

Shouldn't have any trouble topping the course then, eh?  ;D Seriously, if you had the same training with the guys that are now teaching at the school, I'm sure they'll recognise the fact....and you. Might even give you an opportunity to instruct it. Then if you teach to their standard, you can possibly do it at your unit instead of sending guys to the G spot. Go ahead, take one for the team and enjoy your week in sunny NB. Your glass is obviously half empty, try looking at it as half full. ;)

I agree. You're getting more time on the equipment, that can't be a bad thing can it? ;D

Glad to see the MPEV's. Now we have someone to do harbour security. ;) :rofl:

Chimo said:
Glad to see the MPEV's. Now we have someone to do harbour security.
Homeland defence actually.  We keep asking for them in Afghanistan & have been told we cannot have any because they are not fit to deploy out of Canada.

MCG said:
Homeland defence actually.  We keep asking for them in Afghanistan & have been told we cannot have any because they are not fit to deploy out of Canada.

MCG,

That's odd?  Did CEFCOM HQ say what the issue was?  Is it spare parts?  Operator training?

S6

They are going to Gagetown to do harbour security for PH4 courses, the fantasy can finaly come to an end  ;D

Well considering that the soldiers that we have on their heavy course right now are not being taught MPEV (due to them not being servicable) We are shooting ourselves in the foot .Again unless they get them going again.

And thats the word from the troops that are actually on the course.

Sapper6 said:
MCG,

That's odd?  Did CEFCOM HQ say what the issue was?  Is it spare parts?  Operator training?

S6
It was something related to a component of the vehicle not being up to some standard.  I went digging through my old Emails and could not find the answer.  The good news is that by mid-Sept there will be MPEV ready to ship in to theatre.  The next tour should see two.

MCG said:
It was something related to a component of the vehicle not being up to some standard.  I went digging through my old Emails and could not find the answer.   The good news is that by mid-Sept there will be MPEV ready to ship in to theatre.  The next tour should see two.

McG,

Thanks.  Haven't heard anything on my net as to what the problem may have been.  I know we could have used four of them on Op APOLLO and it sounds like you could have used a few yourself.  There is always a need to move earth on deployed operations.  MPEVs should now be part of the standard pack that goes out on any Roto 0.

S6

hedgehogrgc said:
Well considering that the soldiers that we have on their heavy course right now are not being taught MPEV (due to them not being servicable) We are shooting ourselves in the foot .Again unless they get them going again.

And thats the word from the troops that are actually on the course.

So you are saying that you think that you actually have to go to CFSME to learn how to operate this vehicle??? Why??? Units run courses all the time......it's no different than an APC or a HLVW really. Hopefully the MPEV's aren't kept in HY Eqpt Tp as this would be a huge waste of resources. A Sapper or a Cpl in the Fd Tp should be able to get qual'd on this kit without having to go to Hy Eqpt Tp. This vehicle is a much bigger asset for a fd tp then in Hy Tp.

My 2 Cents

2023 said:
So you are saying that you think that you actually have to go to CFSME to learn how to operate this vehicle??? Why???
Because CFSME has decided it will hold a monopoly on this training (like with other peices of hy eqpt).

MCG said:
Because CFSME has decided it will hold a monopoly on this training (like with other peices of hy eqpt).

2 CER is running an MPEV Crse as we speak......

Not sure if its a CFSME sponsored event, but its definately running.

FWIW, we have been using them throughout the workup trg.

interesting.........
both hedgehog and buck041 both claim to be from 2CER and there is / isn't a MPEV course being run within unit lines as we speak?????????????

Interesting............

Didn't think that 2CER had "that" many Field squadrons.

geo said:
interesting.........
both hedgehog and buck041 both claim to be from 2CER and there is / isn't a MPEV course being run within unit lines as we speak?????????????

Interesting............

Didn't think that 2CER had "that" many Field squadrons.

Actually, a while back (April) it was raised by 23 Fd Sqn as a critical issue of getting trg prior to deployment, and although i'm not sure if it was successful, they were trying get em shipped out to Wainwright. Here in Pet the TFA R2 NCE ESU used the MPEV for a pre-deployment trg project last month. Judging by the comments from posters above dating in April, it appears the CoC worked something out since then.

My disclaimer here is that I am not a HET Tp guy but this morning I borrowed a truck from the MPEV Crse :)

I'm the token Cbt Engr guy in the TFA R2/TF 3-06 NCE ESU, but sneak back to the Unit every so often for a smoke and a coffee :)

Hi
Yes 2 CER is teaching a conversion crse so we can have qualified operators for the MPEV. We have one person did the CFSME conversion crse and two from the last Hvy crse. One is not in HET and the other two are going on tour. We had just me that did the vendor trg in Ottawa but the great powers to be said I was not qualified so we needed to run a crse. CFSME right now is not teaching the MPEV crse. They will be taught Backhoe on the Hvy crse. It will be a conversion crse that will be a then MPEV after they get back to there Units. Now about the Fd tp pers getting on the veh and the unit teaching a crse well we teach to many crses as it is now Dvr wheeled, LUVW, HLVW, APC, LAV, HESV, and now Tractor trailer. That would be a 3 to 5 week crse to run a MPEV from scratch. We don't have the time or the Instructors to run all these crse.

We need 042 back in the Corp.

well.... WRT the manufacturer`s training course.  We had a bit of a similar problem when the Bisons were coming out. Plenty of bodys that went to Oshawa to GM Diesel for their course.... some guys were made to do it all over again under the official "okie dokie" watchful gaze of the CF.  Wasteful if you ask me but.... done anyway.

BTW the MPEV that CFSME has, according to the instructors of HET is currently deployed overseas.

Nfld_Sapper said:
BTW the MPEV that CFSME has, according to the instructors of HET is currently deployed overseas.

Sounds like the missing/problem part has been sorted out?  Anyone have any info on what the MPEV is doing in theatre?  How is it performing in the heat/dust?

S6

Back