• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mukluks

ReconWO said:
Arctic Slippers or better known as "Piss Boots" and Pilot Muckluks are one in the same.! Man did you do the Nav Ex in those? You feet were not trashed?

Surprisingly, no.  I'm not sure what horseshoe I had stuck you-know-where, but my feet ended up in much better shape than some of the guys who had the big white muks.  And I didn't even have the mesh liner!  Of course, I went right to Supply and got those the minute I got back to Winnipeg though...luck like that doesn't last  ;)

ReconWO said:
Arctic Slippers or better known as "Piss Boots" and Pilot Muckluks are one in the same.! Man did you do the Nav Ex in those? You feet were not trashed?
Artic slippers and Pilot Mukluks (Boots, Flying, Extreme Cold Weather IIRC) are two different articles. 

Slippers are black, thin, flexible rubber; primarily to wear over your duffle socks in the tent or to quickly pull on when you have to go outside for a piss (or to piss into - usually someone else's - when it's really howling outside and you forgot to pack the condoms)

Pilot Mukluks (Boots, Flying, Extreme Cold Weather) are black and "similiar" to a mukluk in that they have a rubber sole, a canvas nylon upper and are worn over Socks, Wool, Freize, however it is much shorter and is laced similiar to a regular boot.  Because they are tighter fitting than mukluks they may provide better support when moving about (and better sensitivity when operating an a/c?) but they don't keep you as warm, particularly if not moving around.  I was once issued a pair and wore them only once (Aeromedevac to Alert).  Preferred mukluks, but that's what Clothing Stores issued when I drew flying gear.

Back