• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My MCC is on leave? (Application to ROTP)

OblivionKnight

Inactive
Reaction score
I applied to ROTP and have completed the CFAT, Interview, and submitted the reference forms. The only thing left is an updated medical (and my CFRC has no slots available until April). I have absolutely no idea if I have been merit listed yet, and what is happening with my file. I have tried emailing my MCC previously and did not get an answer to my question "Have I been merit listed yet?". I have tried contacting a clerk at the CFRC and was told that since my file is with my MCC, they cannot inform me of its status. I have also found out that my MCC just went on leave, and won't be answering any emails until they return to work. My question is, can a file still be processed if the MCC who has the file is on leave? I have completed everything in due time, on my part, and at this point I am feeling kind of frustrated. I made sure to complete all the steps on time so that my file would be ready for the selections, but now things are no longer in my hands.

End of fy.  Everyone trying to burn remaining leave. Relax and stop obsessing over the status of your file.

Whatever happened to fire and forget recruiting?  You apply. You wait for the call. What's with all this meticulous monitoring of progress?

SF2 said:
Whatever happened to fire and forget recruiting?  You apply. You wait for the call. What's with all this meticulous monitoring of progress?

Forgetting is the problem, hence the need for meticulous monitoring.  The onus is "now" on the applicant, not the system.  If the applicant doesn't follow up, nothing is going to happen.

SF2 said:
End of fy.  Everyone trying to burn remaining leave. Relax and stop obsessing over the status of your file.

It may seem obsessive, but I've had a bad experience with the "fire and forget" method back when I applied in 2011. Sent in my online application and was told to be patient. Waited nearly an year and decided to call and get a status update. Was told that they hadn't even received my application! Lol. Anyway, I suppose there's not much I can do now.

OblivionKnight said:
It may seem obsessive, but I've had a bad experience with the "fire and forget" method back when I applied in 2011. Sent in my online application and was told to be patient. Waited nearly an year and decided to call and get a status update. Was told that they hadn't even received my application! Lol. Anyway, I suppose there's not much I can do now.

I totally agree with keeping a tab on the application. I did not have quite the same problem as I did keep in contact, but still an issue. If I had not kept in contact I would not have known I required an FBI background check for my time in the US for college (which I was actually informed of too late for my application to be properly processed). The same can be said when I reapplied: had I not "kept on them" I would have gone without knowing the had lost the FBI check (copy) I gave them. And again later for the same application that they kept forgetting to submit my 11-liner.

In short...keep in contact.

Back