• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My rant about pay raises and civilians

Tom, you know she is a legend in the same league as Bridget the Midget.  :warstory: ;D

I've seen incidents like this happen a couple of times, only a couple of times fortunately, as I live in a fairly army enlightened area... obviously if you're in uniform, you can't really say much, but it's always great if you happen to be in civvies and let the offending party have an earful... though it's much more gratifying when it's a genuine civillian giving the offender an earful.

So, I can somehow see George singing the ditty,

Two for tea,
and tea for two,
Big Bev for me,
and Sue for you. :-[

Too bad the germans left Shilo, sunday nights were always good for a laugh when the "oversized" locals came to the curling club.

lol I remember Sexy Sue from the Coriano club..man a Long time ago. The last time I saw her she had a neck brace on..apparently she got hit by a car...this was in 1987...scary story about her...she came up to me one night three sheets to the wind and says "mmm your eyes look so nice". I grabbed my buddy who was beside me and said "hey mike, this girl want to know the colour of your eyes " then I hightailed it out of there. I was more afraid of her beating me up than a drunk Airborne soldier.

Some young lass - a tad overweight, but with violet eyes to die for - in the Coriano Club picked up a buddy of mine one night, got him drunk, and consumated the relationship in his truck.  She left a heavily soiled item of her small-clothes in the truck.  Buddy was still drunker than four barrels of s*** the next day, and it wasn't until late in the afternoon,  that he noticed said item of clothing fying proudly from his truck antenna, outside of F-16.

No names - no Pack Drill.

Tom 

George Wallace said:
Tom, you know she is a legend in the same league as Bridget the Midget.    :warstory: ;D

Bridget the Midget of Wainsworld fame? Indeed a war story that needs to be told   ;D . Mad Dog Hotel? Like Dundurn's the Blue Sisters, tralier trash from the 70s and early 80s.   ;D

Cheers,

Wes

They don't accept $100 bills?

WTF is up with that,  they are very simple to check and there is more than enough $20's in the till at wendy's for change unless the place just opened.

Most counterfit bills are usualy $5 and $20 anyways.

George Wallace said:
So unlike Wainwright, where the town will not allow a Tim Hortons to be built.....It is a long walk to get a Timmies there.   Totally unsupportive of our Military and its addictions.

:mad:  Not true. No one has managed to cough up the dough for a franchise yet.

BTW, Boston Pizza is coming in where the Shell station was (beside Subway). And yes, Bridgette is still alive, she's just getting older (like us all) OMG! Murmur! I'd forgotten about her! Big Val and Big Sue from Chilliwack? Anyone?... Anyone?...Anyone?  ;D

SprCForr said:
:mad:   Not true. No one has managed to cough up the dough for a franchise yet.

BTW, .............. And yes, Bridgette is still alive, she's just getting older (like us all) OMG! Murmur! I'd forgotten about her! Big Val and Big Sue from Chilliwack? Anyone?... Anyone?...Anyone?   ;D

Looks like we'll have to start a Bridgette, Sue and Murmur Thread.

I let loose on a couple of supreme assholes that decided to be nasty in front of the one place that you never want to do such a thing.... in front of the Federal building in Downtown Calgary.

These two women (yes, I know, two women... odd that, Timmies and recruiting stations alike) were berating a guy that had just walked out of the recruiting station after finishing his final interview for Infantry Officer (he's off to St-Jean-sur-Richelieu in a couple of months) and he was being polite and deferential, just trying to bug out of a tense situation. So, seeing as I am applying for Armored in January 2006 (DEO officer  :warstory: 8) ;D), I am not a grunt yet.... also, I have the experience of being a Flight Sergeant during my air cadet days. So, in my best drill voice, I get RIGHT up to these "ladies" and just started tearing a strip from them. What follows is my recollection of my on the spot bearing down:

"You two a$$holes had better realize right quick that these people (waving in general direction of the recruiting station) are willing to put down their LIVES so that you two can stand here and ***** out another guy that is signing up to protect your bitching rights. While you stand there in your designer dresses and carrying your f'king louis vuitton purses (which they were), there are 1,000 men and women braver than you two will ever be out there in unstable nations, risking their lives because they believe in Canada and what she stands for. I swear, you two have your heads so far up your goddamned asses that the f'king lumps in your throats are your f'king noses!!! (yes, that is from Band of Brothers) So what I believe you should do is apologize right f'king now to this man, this soldier, this CITIZEN OF CANADA, for your baseless attack on him, then march on into that recruiting center and sign up, so you'll understand the sacrifice these people make just so you can stand there and be the bitches you are."

(keep in mind this isn't verbatim. This happened about a month ago, so my memory is good, but not THAT good :p)

Needless to say, the women went about their ways with certain ceremony and deportment ("How DARE he... blah blah blah") and the dude asked if I was former military. I said no, I was a former cadet FltSgt and was signing up for Armored Officer in January. He shook my hand, told me his name, and said "Maybe when we're both on deployment, you can cover my infantry troop's ***. I would be honored to have someone with your balls backing me up" and walked off. I just grinned  ;D and couldn't stop smiling the rest of the day

Wow.  All this at the Harry Hayes?  Ladies must not have worked there, that building and its employees have been nothing but pro-military since I worked there and started my application process.

Next time you tear someone down, especially a civvie, you may want to delete the expletives.  While I agree with you in sentiment, I don't think that anyone deserves to be on the recieving end of such a well-rehearsed tirade.  Especially from someone who's related to the CF so closely as the Cadets are.

Nice story.  ^-^

T

I haven't been a cadet for well on 5 years now. I think I'm officially civvie for now... until January when I apply to the Armored  :salute: :army: :cdn:

And that WAS the clean version. I had training from the very best, CdtWO Preston from over in Ontario, back in 1998 when I made FltSgt and went to Penhold as a squaddie (I actually got a BED! not a bunk O_O!). He told me all about the proper way to dismantle someone... if they're nasty, be firm but polite. If they're in your face, get in theirs. If they have an attitude, make yours bigger and badder (<--- the one I applied :D)

Harry Hayes is an AWESOME place... I know that sounds weird, but the recruiting non-coms and officers there have come to know me, and I love to drop by there whenever I'm downtown just to STS (shoot the ****) with 'em. The navy guys have some HILARIOUS stories about sLT's coming from RMC and getting jacked up by PO's and such :p Kudos to the Harry Hayes recruiting center... they really make you feel the interforce "love" and they just love to sit around and talk about anything. :D

*edited for spelling ^_^

Well, remember, it WAS a month and a bit ago... what I typed up there ^^^^^^^^^ may be dramatically different than what was actually said. I said it was the clean version because I had the time to think about how I would write it down based on what I could remember, not thinking it up on the spot. So yes, that is the "clean" version, if for that reason alone. What was actually said may have been half as long, or maybe it was a 30 minute speech. I was kinda mad at the time, and memory doesn't exactly work well when one is not in a happy mood :p

SHELLDRAKE!! said:
  Too bad the germans left Shilo, sunday nights were always good for a laugh when the "oversized" locals came to the curling club.

Ah yes Big Kamala :eek:

Do you really have to wonder why the Militayr is loved in Alberta?  Umm let me think..... We drive trucks and carry guns.  We fit right in with most of the population out here. 

On a serious note i have had the pleasure of both Ont, and AB as postings and have to say it does varry but you run into A ss hol es everywhere you go.  It like a natural fertalizer, they are sprinkled throught this great land of ours.  In some cases you have to bite your lip in other you have to speak up.  But it always has to be done with tact.  Good job Ghost. 

Without politicizing this, there are more Rural people out here (read Conservative, old style values), or the people are first gen city livers and more urban people (read Liberal, fuzzy bunny slippers values) in Ont.

Back