• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

No and no.

I am now heading to bed so it will be some time till I am on here again.

Regards,
ironduke57

AMX 40 chasis with the aformentioned Pnz III turret.

I was going to show a picture of the AMX 40 but still working on how to upload the photo's on here. There is a lack of time for me to search it out right now.

Not AMX-40, from what I can tell: it only has 5 road wheels: pic has six...

The picture of a AMX 40 I am looking at has 6 road wheels

or in a less telling picture

AMX 40 has 6 roadwheels, but it is not the searched tank.

Hint: But it is from the right continent.

Regards,
ironduke57

My google-fu is off.  I searched "AMX 40", but must have been caught unawares looking at the wrong tank....
(PS: Europe is a large continent!)

Not a problem I used my own AVF file but most of them are recent cold war vehicles and I dont have a large database on older varients. Wiki searching now.
Still there is alot of resemblance to the AMX 40 but on closer look there is no pairing of the road wheels. Euro varient it may be but I put the chasis in the 50 - 60 time frame, track make up looks french but searching for who else had that design.

It was designed in that timeframe, but serial production started later.

Regards,
ironduke57

based on location, time lines, a road wheel count and the process of elimination thus far the last thing I come to is Leclerc but the hull on Leclerc vehicle is too high & the glacius extends too far forward.

The hull does look like the M48 used by Germany and sold to Isreal under the moniker Magach

And from your clues I am getting that it was a full production Tank and not something like the MBT70 prototype by the US and Germany

Leclerc?->No. Wrong country
M48?->No.
MBT70?->No.
full production Tank?->Yes. Some hundreds were product (Different numbers from different source speak from just over 150 up to over 500.).

Regards,
ironduke57

TAM (too much hull mod.  this is not likely)

Pz 68 (earlier than you're hint, but possible with limited hull mod)

Back