• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

My bad. Misunderstood. They bought that many MBT's.

Edited: Further info found. The Leclerc ARV used by France and the UAE (yes they have them too) use parts from the Leo 2 ARV. Judging from the number of components purchased (40+) by the UAE, they may have a few ARVs.

Roger.  But, back to the subject at hand:  the photo is of a French Leclerc ARV mounting the K2D mineclearing kit.  The kit consists of a Pearson Engineering Full Width Mineplough and, as AmmoTech90 pointed out, a Polish Pronit rocket propelled mineclearing system.

Well, I may have fudged the country and MBT, but at least I reasoned out its role :D

I think its Chinese...I saw an pic of it but they called it an ACRV variant...arrgggh

I know that one but can't remember the full name.....Dog Bone radar....

Uuuugh!

Regards

PPRU was the Russian  "mobile reconnaissance and control post"  from the 80's.

Good one George - that was tough

How about an easy one to give us a break lol

1ed5re2.jpg

Well.....you've got me!

All I can figure is a Remote Control vehicle for mine clearance/IED detection using Ground Penetrating Radar/Sonar.  Hard to tell the scale. 

[Edit to add:]

PS.  Muffin

Is it just me or has your picture disappeared?

I still see the picture... hmmm....

It is a development vehicle so maybe that was sort ofcheating ;)

Unmanned Ground Combat Vehicle (UGCV)

Designed to navigate over large natural, urban and battlefield obstacles, sustain itself with hybrid electric power for long periods, and continue to operate after accidental roll-over.

It is a Millen Works Project.

I thought it was neat because at first I thought it was made of Lego!

Next...

EDIT: Here is the link to the company page for the vehicle http://www.rodmillen.com/Ugcv.htm

It has a more indepth description. They have some pretty neat concept military vehicles.

Back