• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

It looks like a UH-60L with the ESSS, but the optical ball turret has me stumped...

FLIR with IR/day cam array methinks?

Possibly a LRF in there too?

Regards

George Wallace said:

Oh, I knew that (it's the same basic turret as the ARH), but I couldn't find the Blackhawk varient that had one... Never heard of a Battlehawk - you learn something new every day!

Dear Nsmedicman: Now that the dust has settled for a minute. Great idea, most fun I've had on site so far. Keep up the good work. ;D ;D ;D

Thanks toglmonster....I actually stole the idea from another army forum.....so don't give me all the credit.... ;D ;D

It looks like a Soviet SA 14, but that would be too easy....

Perhaps a variant?

Teddy Ruxpin....apparently the AH-60 was made specifically for the Aussies.....not sure of the other details....

Army Medic.....you're on the right track.....just wrong lane..... ;D

Chinese HN-5 or Pakistani Anza? I really can't tell although I'm fairly certain it's not an SA-7 as the tail fins just ain't right.

MG

According to the description of the photo....it is described as a Russian SA-7 "Grail". I personally have no idea....So I guess....technically.....you are correct sir!!!!.... ;D

Could be either an Igla or Grail.

If the battery pack were in the shot (it's not) it's a dead giveaway

Regards

#2 ......Stoner 63

# 3..... Japanese Type 99 (Type 96 chambered to 7.62 NATO)

Anyone for # 1.....may have seen them on CNN quite a bit in the past few weeks....

Back