• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

FatwogCpl said:
I think he's right,  AML 90

He was partially correct. Panhard AML 90 is the newer one

Here is a AML 60 with a 90 in the background.

Time Expired....IIRC it was known as a PZB 200?

Regards

whups...just noticed the rising sun on no 3.....

I'll try.  Japanese OH-1, designed originally as a replacement for their Hughes 500s...  They've bought Apaches for the AH role...

The Isrealis are using tank chassis without a turret and 3 or 4 MGs mounted that looks suspiciuosly like
a Cent. does anyone know more?

This is correct, it is a Centurion hull.  The Israelis do this quite often; they also have (captured) T-55 variants as APCs...  See here:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/israel/nagmashot.htm

Like the small flag on the side of the truck?

Oops...

(Macedonian, if you want the nationality)

Did I get it?

And, Here we go!

What military "organization" do these men belong to?  They were involved in hostage incident in Moscow a few years back (where their efforts in saving the hostages ended up killing a bunch)
ba121f1c83414227fc1da7c9535f737c200608150_full.jpg

Spetsnaz, yes.
Al'fa (I think that is right) squad.  Modeled after the SAS. From what I remember, they had not yet (as of 2002) suffered a death in the unit.  Well trained, Very strong...and of course, drink...

OK....one more....same unit....different ops....there's a hint in the second photo.....

We have a winner.....gee...the Irish flag on the shoulder....and the fact that I named the files ARW....give it away..... ::)

Back