• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

I recognized the photo of the two motorbikes and I did the section on the Irish Defence Forces in the Wiki.  I've also trained with the lads.  It helps ;D

Hey, I actually know this one. That's a Buffalo Counter IED vehicle used by the US Army.

MG

Yeah....saw them come into theater and one came into Lagman.

Freaking big machine.

Regards

Engineering vehicles are not my strong suit.....

PMR?

M3 Amphibious Bridging and Ferry Vehicle

Edit: Deleted wrong answers (M2 Comet).  I would like to point out I failed Flag Recognition 101.  I will report for immediate disciplinary action.

rpo3.jpg

big bad john said:
Name the countries of the two soldiers here and the unit type of the one in the beret.

The prone soldier is an ANA Sgt candidate (doing their version of the Jr Leaders Course) The beret wearing soldier is a Sr NCO of 3 Bn Gurkha Rifles (sorry I don't know the proper nomenclature for their Regt) who is working out of KMTC in Kabul teaching the ANA.

I wouldn't know anything about....  ;D

Yup, and the ANA Trooper is about to learn that it isn't nice to frustrate a Gurkha. lol

Somebody post something, I gots nothing (and I think my hotlinking the photos rather than uploading them makes it too easy ;)).

Tsk, tsk...such whining - and from a black hat!   ;D

OK, an easier one, although I've blacked out the national insignia...

Back