• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Naval High Collar White Tunic

Dimsum said:
The USN tunics aren't exactly the same but they're cheaper than getting the ones made.  You'll just need to get USN pants, which no one will notice.  As I said, buttons and flashes are super easy to get.

Really?  I have always worn my US tunic with my CF pants...never had an issue and I don't appear different than anyone else.  Perhaps everyone is wearing US tunics and CF pants

Luke007 - YES, get a US one if you can.  750 bucks from Andrie is highway robbery.  not sure what a US one costs these days, but I bought mine for 80 bucks US back in the day.  Whatever, it will be cheaper than 750 bucks once all the alterations and Canadianization is done.

Putting the USN pattern and Andrei-made tunics side-by-side it's hard to tell the difference - only ones I noticed are the neck closure (USN uses velcro, vice a metal hook from Andrei), and the chest pockets (USN are angled, vice the Andrei ones are curved, just like the CA DEU tunic). (see photos)

Although the fabric blends are different, I thought they look the same at any reasonable distance; never heard of anyone with a USN tunic getting USN pants just to match. I think comparing any white clothing even of the exact same fabric blend there's always going to be some subtle differences in shade/tone just from regular wear and imperfect washing.

Whether USN or Andrei, either is a useful alternative to the black tunic on a hot summer day.

Attachments

• USvsCanadianTunic.jpg
    USvsCanadianTunic.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 3,173
  • TunicPockets.jpg
    TunicPockets.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,107
MARS said:
Really?  I have always worn my US tunic with my CF pants...never had an issue and I don't appear different than anyone else.  Perhaps everyone is wearing US tunics and CF pants

Luke007 - YES, get a US one if you can.  750 bucks from Andrie is highway robbery.  not sure what a US one costs these days, but I bought mine for 80 bucks US back in the day.  Whatever, it will be cheaper than 750 bucks once all the alterations and Canadianization is done.

It's being sold at $179,99 (http://www.uniforms-4u.com/p-customizable-us-navy-service-dress-white-military-uniform-5291.aspx).

vincent.escanlar said:
Putting the USN pattern and Andrei-made tunics side-by-side it's hard to tell the difference - only ones I noticed are the neck closure (USN uses velcro, vice a metal hook from Andrei), and the chest pockets (USN are angled, vice the Andrei ones are curved, just like the CA DEU tunic). (see photos)

Although the fabric blends are different, I thought they look the same at any reasonable distance; never heard of anyone with a USN tunic getting USN pants just to match. I think comparing any white clothing even of the exact same fabric blend there's always going to be some subtle differences in shade/tone just from regular wear and imperfect washing.

Whether USN or Andrei, either is a useful alternative to the black tunic on a hot summer day.

Thank you Vincent.  This is quite informative!

Luk007 said:
Andrei Master Tailors make it for 750$!!

I was just using your own numbers...

Luk007 said:
It's being sold at $179,99 (http://www.uniforms-4u.com/p-customizable-us-navy-service-dress-white-military-uniform-5291.aspx).

That is a different number...

Back